Actual height of T@G Boondock Edge with Yakima Rack and awning?

My garage door is 82" high less about 3" for the door clearance, so 78-79". The T@G specs say 72" height but to add 3" for Boondock (so, 75"). And no difference is given for the Boondock Edge. Boondock Edge owners, is the spec correct at 75"? Including the Yakima Rack and awning? I've already lowered my expectations from T@B to T@G because of my car's towing capacity. Do I need to limit myself to just a vanilla T@G to ensure I'll fit the garage? I really love that front deck and Yakima rack.

Comments

• JoabmcJoabmc Member Posts: 64

Yakima rack comes off in a few minutes if you need to take it off. Look up Yakima “slim shady”. Loosen the handles and remove. Mine sits at 84-85” with it on.

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

• NfallonNfallon Member Posts: 17

I measured mine and it sits at 83.5" with the awning on. Just clears the opening and luckily the door on one side goes up above the opening. Not so luck on the other garage door. the XL would have given us just 2" of clearance to navigate in width wise so we did not go in that direction.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge
    H@lfpint
    2013 BMW X3
    2021 Tahoe Premier

• cploegcploeg Member Posts: 6

Thank you Nfallon and Joabmc! And now I have to go measure the width of our garage doors too! :s

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@Nfallon said:
    I measured mine and it sits at 83.5" with the awning on. Just clears the opening and luckily the door on one side goes up above the opening. Not so luck on the other garage door. the XL would have given us just 2" of clearance to navigate in width wise so we did not go in that direction.

Just a thought here:
    If you have one door that goes up higher than the other, it might be as simple as adjusting the up-travel of the low one by adjusting the up-limit screw on the garage door opener.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• NfallonNfallon Member Posts: 17

WilliamA, tried to adjust. Even had the garage door people out and the door is at its limit. I can usually figure out these things after lots of research but the one garage door seems to stop short. I can navigate the trailer inside the garage to that side if needed inside the garage. Getting excited to take our camper H@lfpint out on its maiden voyage at the end of April to Hocking Hills in Ohio.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge
    H@lfpint
    2013 BMW X3
    2021 Tahoe Premier

• beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

let some air out of the tires when you store it

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I have not seen the awning bracket, but if you offset the bars, aren't you able to install the bracket upside down, so that the awning would not be higher than the bars?

• rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

I have to remove my roof rack and the awning, but it's easy and stores under the trailer out of the way.