When will this stop?

BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
edited April 2019 in Camping & Travel

Really want(need) to get the trailer out from under the tent and wash/wax it. I also have some mods to do in the galley but this rain just wont quit!!
Tell me its gonna end soon!!!!
Dont mind me, Im just complaining.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

Comments

• racpatracpat Member Posts: 12

It' all relative. We could use some rain, and I would like those night time lows you have. The last two nights I have had to cover-up my new tomato plants.

• beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

85 here, heading to J Tree tomorrow

• BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@racpat said:
    It' all relative. We could use some rain, and I would like those night time lows you have. The last two nights I have had to cover-up my new tomato plants.

True, it is all relative, but I'm really itching to get outside at this point. And I dont want to wash/wax if its just gonna rain and I have to do it twice.

Bill

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

Just be grateful we have an excuse to not mow the lawn😂

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

At least your forecast is better than the 12 day forecast for Michigan. It is raining right now and there is no let up in sight for some time. I’d like to do some spring camping but who wants to sit around inside the trailer and listen to the raindrops?

Ready the Ark Noah and pull up the hip waders!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

@Sharon_is_SAM said:
    Just be grateful we have an excuse to not mow the lawn😂

Actually we have cut the grass three times already :o

Bill

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

We are still around 32 and little lower a night. But snow is getting away, while near Mintreal, large parts of small cities get flooded. The st-laurence river is over floading along some lakes.

All that rain coming might not help. Still a good thickness of snow to melt up north in the mountains.

Someday. Summer will come for sure, but maybe just next fall. ;)

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

I think everybody east is getting drenched. I managed to cut our lawn in between the rain. Giving our sump pump a workout!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

I must say that we do seem to be getting a real spring here this year, temperature wise. Usually we get a week or two of 60's-70's then it goes right to 85+.
    But I do wish the rain would slow down just a bit.

Bill

@BBsGarage, where is here?

No location in your signature. ;)

@LuckyJ said:
    @BBsGarage, where is here?

No location in your signature. ;)

This is true.

New Jersey

Bill

@BBsGarage. Thank you! :)

Was talking to,a cousin in Rochester NY and he was telling me how much he liked the weahter this spring. :)

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

I used a sump pump out in the side yard here at Linda’s farmhouse to pump water over to the other side of the garage to move it on to a lower elevation. Worked like a charm but that large system is entering Michigan from the Gulf of Mexico.

I just saw video footage on the news of the Mississippi River overtaking downtown Davenport, Iowa. So thankful we aren’t going through what so many are dealing with today.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

@Michigan_Mike said:
    I used a sump pump out in the side yard here at Linda’s farmhouse to pump water over to the other side of the garage to move it on to a lower elevation. Worked like a charm but that large system is entering Michigan from the Gulf of Mexico.
    I just saw video footage on the news of the Mississippi River overtaking downtown Davenport, Iowa. So thankful we aren’t going through what so many are dealing with today.

Yes, there is much worse going on in the middle of the country.

Bill

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

BB'sGarage,

It stopped! The ducks aren't happy but everyone else is...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

Not here, got at least one more weekends worth.

Bill

• KKriegKKrieg Member Posts: 20

BB, you are in Jersey right? I am so sick of this duck weather!!

2018 T@G XL
    An exit in New Jersey

@KKrieg said:
    BB, you are in Jersey right? I am so sick of this duck weather!!

Yes, It's getting to be a real pain. And I hesitate to say it looks like it may be slowing down some now.

Bill

• SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 132

The worst is that it almost always rains on weekends. I don't remember the last day that I was off work with no rain. (I'm in PA)

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

Mother Nature is a bit like a golden retriever....Sooner or later, she'll get distracted and wander off....

I'm so optimistic today I took the wood stove apart for cleaning....Now the pooh will hit the blender.....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

Well, it looks like my own soothsaying was spot on. Now we are supposed to get cold again this weekend with temps in the upper 30's, 2 1/2 to 5 inches of rain and large hail. I need to rethink the camping this weekend...
    WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

This weekend is supposed to be the first in South Central PA in over two months without measurable rain (although there's still a chance of thunderstorms), plus it's been over three months since we've had three dry days in a row.

• SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 132

@tagurit said:
    This weekend is supposed to be the first in South Central PA in over two months without measurable rain (although there's still a chance of thunderstorms), plus it's been over three months since we've had three dry days in a row.

No wonder I feel like it rains every time I'm off work. It actually does! (I'm in Central PA)

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

This was taken last weekend atop of the mountain at my cabin. This is on the side of the road, in the forest. Elevation is about 2000 feet. Only snow remaining is what is in the shade or under the trees. :)