What should I double check when picking up new TAG?

CampRNCampRN Member Posts: 3

Hello everyone. My husband and I have purchased a new 2019 TAG XL Boondock Edge (w/ solar panels) which we will be picking up on Monday (May 6th). I have learned so much already on these boards regarding tricks and modifications. We have already seen the TAG, went to the dealership, and made and offer once we got home. The dealership has provided nothing but GREAT service. They only sell nuCamp and you can tell they really know their stuff. We were told we would go through a "walk through" inspection before hooking up and taking home. Is there anything in particular we should be checking to make sure is working or included before we head out? Thanks, and I look forward to posting a picture when we take it on its maiden voyage next weekend.

Comments

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Not to belabor the obvious, but it's a good idea to check the chassis number against the paperwork. Sounds like you have a good dealer.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

Make sure the walk through includes all systems:

how to connect your 7 pin/ test your 7 pin/ adjust your electric brakes with your controller
    how to hitch, level/stabilize
    how to access the spare tire and lug nut size
    proper way to jack for tire changing
    how to hook up to city water, fill the fresh water tank and drain the water tank
    how to operate the pump
    how to manage the propane, light the stove, manage the Norcold
    how to lock the doors, correct way to open/close the shades and screens and window latches
    how to operate the fan, ac and all the vent areas (cow bells, inside ac vents, etc)
    how to use the TV and stereo
    how to access the under-bed storage
    how the battery and solar are connected
    how to locate and read the solar charge controller
    how the outlets differ and when they operate
    how to care for the solar panels

That should get you started!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

At least two keys for all locks. Test them.
    Package with instruction books and warranty for all components
    They should provide a new battery and full LP tank. These don’t come from NuCamp.
    Ask if they sanitized the water tank with bleach
    Check all the lights, appliances and electric plugs, locks to make sure they work.
    NuCamp provides the 30 amp electric cord but you’ll have to buy a 110 adapter to plug in at home. If the dealer doesn’t give you one you can buy it from amazon for a lot less than what RV dealers charge. That goes with anything you need. RV dealers have very high prices
    Make sure your tow vehicle trailer hitch has a 7 pin wiring harness so it will charge the T@G battery.

2017 T@G Max

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Like mentionned up here, 2 keys for each lock, including the yakima rack tower. (The feet).
    '
    You will need chuck blockx 4. 2 per wheels. I found out that the small yellow plastic one fit snug in the aluminium corner behind the propane tank.

The hicth like mentionned above, make sure they really show you how to use it and what is happening when it is ok,mand when it is not ok. Many people will struggle at one point or an other.

The electrical cable in ours, once coil up, I place ot around the top of the propane cylinder.

And again, all that was said up here is all good. You will see, it is overwelming at first, but you will get around it with time.

• CampRNCampRN Member Posts: 3

Thank you all so much.... All of your advice is exactly what I was looking for and have shared the information with my husband. You're right, it is overwhelming at this point....it's like buying a house..you wanna fix it up all at once, but are limited by funds. We are thankful for this board and its members who we have and will continue to learn so much from. 2 more days! Thanks again!