Options

Hi, I'm new here

KKriegKKrieg Member Posts: 20

I am picking up my New-to-me 2018 t@g Xl in 2 weeks and have been going crazy. I am taking out for it's first journey 2 days after I pick it up!! (luckily to a familiar area so can get by if something is missing!) I am a camper from way back, going from back packing to family tent camping, to popup camping now downsizing again to the T@g. I have to start thinking like a backpacker again.

2018 T@G XL
An exit in New Jersey

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2019

Greetings and welcome! Most of us have migrated up or down in our camping journeys. I came down from traditional family (old school) camping to motorcycle camping, then up to a 5th wheel, (ugh) back to motorcycle tenting and now to the Jeep/T@G combo. I think I've hit my stride with this.

Photos or it didn't happen...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Welcome to the growing familly.

The T@G outback is actually glamping for me and my gf. We come from a past of tent camping, backpacking size for me. Kayap, haikking, motorcycling adventure. Went up the latter, literally, with RTTs, I have one, gf as ine as well. And now, the T@G for confort and fast set-up and tear down.

But so far, we have kept every thing we ever purchased. Backpacking and light adventure will always be a possibility.

I kept my RTT cause we do not want to pull tye T@G in very hardcore back roads adventure, and my GF kept hers, cause I own the only vehicule that can tow tye T@G and she is not comfortable enough to travel with those combination. So when she is by her self, it is RTT on her car. :)

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Tis fun to have a new trailer and the excitement of new exploration, getting into locations the big boys can't go and creating lifetime memories! Awesome, I can feel your excitement and welcome to the forum! =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    CampHubCampHub Member Posts: 113

@KKrieg welcome. Hope you find things that fit your new camping experience. We do not miss "roughing it" except when we need to. Our outdoor kitchen seems to draw everyone in along with a lot of laughs.

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.