Options

Basic vs MAX?

tadctadc Member Posts: 3

Hi all, n00b here, shopping for a used T@G. I've figured out that XL is a foot wider than a regular T@G, but what's the diff between a basic and MAX? Other than about 75 lbs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hello!

MAX is for option. If I am right, TV and Jensen system (bluetooth, radio, DVD), AC. Wonder if fridge is standard on all or standard inly with the MAX.

Basic, you get the picture!

Other will confirmed and complete or substrac.

Good luck with your search. :)

• Options
    tadctadc Member Posts: 3

Aha, interesting... it seems like pretty much every T@G I've seen has the TV, AC, fridge, (micro if XL), etc... so the basic is the "stripper" model which mostly doesn't exist?

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

I think they stopped making anything less than the Max a couple of years ago.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

It should be pretty much between Non-XL and XL which have the base package, then the Boondock Lite, Boondock Edge or Sofitel packages. You can also custom order one with what you want on it.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Some dealers still order without AC, Norcold etc.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

Feel for new TAGS without Norcold fridge. Yeti in it's place is bad move and is going in reverse. If looking for two to camp go with six wide. Extra foot of interior space will be welcomed over long haul. I camp single and no issues with 5 wide.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited June 2019

We camp 2 with 5 wide and a dog and we are great.

It all deend what we want, and to me, dealing wth that extra foot in my back view was not interessting. And you should see what I can do with a trailer. ;)

To each their own. ;)

I wish people would tell advantage and incomvinient rather than you need this or that. Folks, lets give information so people can make up their mind, not that they will regret this or that.

Have fum outthere! :)

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I have a 5 wide. There are two of us and a small dog. We fit great. Another thing I like is being able to see the wheels of my trailer while towing. You wont be able to do that with a 6 wide XL.

The XL will be a foot wider. As such, you get more counter space in the galley, a microwave, and more storage in the cabin. Both units are small so more storage is always nice.

Its a personal choice, but those are the main differences. Have fun choosing.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2019

We rented the 5 wide and purchased a 6 wide. We personally find the extra foot was nice. No more bumping into my spouse or the wall during the night. We have a queen at home and sometimes put an arm or foot over the edge of the bed. In the 5 wide, I kept hitting the wall out of habit more than anything. So in the 6 wide I do not. The microwave is a bonus that we use for re-heating coffee, bacon, sandwiches that are better warmed. Extra counter and upper shelf in the galley is great as well..
    As most people are saying, its a matter of preference..We like the 6 wide over the 5 wide after using both.

• Options
    ClarkGriswoldClarkGriswold Member Posts: 34

We specifically went with a 5 Wide rather than an XL due to needing a trailer no wider than our TV. It will be dragged through some areas that width is truly an issue. One of the spots we go I'm already hanging two inches of tire off the edge of a cliff. The loss of a foot of interior isn't that big of an issue for us coming from a rooftop tent no wider than a queen size bed. The five nights we've slept in it so far have been quite nice although we are looking into installing the Froli system for additional comfort (we're side sleepers).

2019 T@G 5W Boondock Edge
    2008 M-B G500
    Somewhere in the PNW

"Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun. You know that."

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

We went with the XL and have been glad we did. We really like the extra room in the cabin, and especially so on rainy nights when we can't be sitting around a campfire. The extra galley space is certainly welcome, too. We only used the microwave twice in the first year, so we removed it in favor of the extra storage space. It's not a one-size-fits-all world, so I'm glad NuCamp gives people options.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R