Options

rear bumper for T@G

I just bought a 2019 T@G Boondock, and thought, after the fact, that the back of it seems kind of vulnerable to damage. I began to imagine everything from me backing into a tree, to someone clipping the corner at a gas station. Even a small impact it seems could damage the rear hatch and keep it from sealing or locking. Has anyone considered attaching (bolting on) a steel bar that extends an inch beyond the end of the camper? Is such an add-on available?

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I know of a tread on the Little guy forum about someone who did it on a silver shadow.

I do have intention to do something similar all around our T@G but in our case for off road protection. But have not come around it yet, and probably not before next year.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited May 2019

But just a tought, a bumper could help protect, but you would be lucky if it gets at the right hieght co pare to the vehicule that come to you, and even bumper bender on a car, now leave a pricy solution. And if the body is kind of protectd from this, then after, the frame could suffer from the impact.

A see it as a better solution for a backing up protection for a tree or a post. But it would have a lot of limitation.

In my case, the kind of protection I am looking for is more for low speed, dropping of a small ledge or going around a rock or a tree at again very low speed when space is really tight. Not large impact protection.

Again, this is food for toughts.

Have fun outhere! :)