Options

A/C settings for T@G

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeeptagJeeptag Member Posts: 28

I have a 2019 tag and after readings this thread and checking my fans the two cow bells are sucking air in. Common sense tells me the fans should be reversed. Do i need to flip them or just rewire them?

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2019

This might be an entirely "wrong" direction to take this discussion/knife fight, but I just did the math and the new T@B a/c unit would fit nicely into my front storage box. Aside from the fact that I didn't use my a/c (mostly because it mostly didn't work) I removed it because it was so noisy my kids and I had to go outside to talk.
    If I had to have a/c, I'd drop the stocker off a bridge and install a proper ducted air unit like this one:
    https://www.elwellcorp.com/products
    The air8 is remote mounted (=quiet), has a wall-thermostat and is "almost certainly" more efficient than the O.E. Cabin air stirring vortex of inefficiency. Not that I have an opinion of the stock unit. But if I did....
    Oddly enough, it occurs to me that Little Guy trailers used to have a remote-mounted, ducted, thermostatically controlled a/c unit.....hmmmmm.......

Me? I'm cool......I'm cool.....Just sittin here eatin' a bag of brown sugar with a spoon, washin' it down with home made beer....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636

While here in Sugarcreek at uCamp 2019, I spoke with Austin (Repair department) regarding the TaG ac air flow design. He reported that all TaGs should have the accessory fans arranged to draw air into the cowbells and interior ac vents, and to exhaust air through the plenum out the bottom of the trailer. He recalls that consideration for the reverse of this air flow pattern (air intake from under the TaG and exhaust via the cowbells) may result in entrainment of excess debris into the ac - especially in dusty areas. During the TaG Question and Answer session today, this topic was addressed and both Marvin (Quality Control) and Creed (Technical Support) concurred.

I spoke with a TaG owner with a career in HVAC. He indicated that the humidity control issue was due to the oversized ac unit reaching the set temperature before effective dehumidification has occurred. He recommended venting as discussed above to force the ac to run longer and allow it to dehumidify.

I hope this helps. I know I have some new things to try with our TaB ac this summer!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator