Fully Deployed

willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

Attached are some pics from my recent trip to Talbot Island State Park in Northeastern coastal Florida. Included is the galley tent for 5 wide TAG (PahaQue), Yakima side awning, aluminum tongue box with 50 watt solar panel on top, and a 25 ft. push-up poll to mount a wire Ham Radio antenna when called for (which I did on this trip with limited results). Also included was a Yakima Uploader bicycle rack for my 29" mountain bike used on Yakima roof rack. The Yakima roof rack was an addition that I had Numcamp install for these purposes of add-ons. I really appreciated the Yakima side awning as well as the galley tent. But I had as others problems with the ends of the kidder rail (which mounts above the galley hatch) pulling loose from trailer. It did not do so fully, so tent stayed in place but I will have to re-tape rail and try again. And by the way initially I did the required cleaning of trailer roof service with alcohol to prep it for the kidder rail and let it set up prior to use, but it still did not hold. We will try again with Gorilla 30 lb tape and see how it stands up. Sometimes the heat of the day may affect its ability to hold--hmmm. In addition, the solar panel system was for when I was driving so I did not pull on the electrical system of car to keep battery charged as I ran the Norcold cooler while in transit. It worked just adequately until plugged into 30 amp at camp site and ran electrical system of trailer for Norcold. Anyway, here are some pics so you can see how things lined out on this week long camping experience. Also, needed a fan inside the galley tent even though wide open with screens when no breeze. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Is the galley tent because of skeeters?

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Nice looking setup! 👍🏻 Post up a few photos of the Keder rail and where the problem was. Paha Que builds a nice product and I know they would like to see the issue too.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

Yes, in some ways, for bug elimination and other critters, such as Rocky Raccoon. Also, since arrival back to home base I pulled kidder rail off and realized that it's stick down surface is a bit concaved and thus does not use the full surface of rail to stick to trailer roof, thus a weakness in contact for the sticky tape on kidder. So I am retaping with 30 pd Gorilla tape and adding another thin layer in concaved area on top of other and will see if that holds. Also, will contact PahaQua about issue. We will see of future results. There are also issues with length of collapsible tent polls being too long for tent pockets requiring shortening as tent is very difficult to set up/take down. Again, we will see.