Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Thia is nice in deed. But if you know someone that as a welder, you can make one for about 30,00$ in parts.

Go to a tractor dealer, and get a plow disk. Mine is a 20". Will be a hole in the middle that need plugging, and weld 3 x 1/2" nuts under, and adapted 3 x 1/2" bolt to legs. I use it with a coleman naphta burner on a table. With shorter legs, I can use it on our base camp biolite stove or even a a kitchen stove electric element, since I do not have the support for the propane burner under it.

• Options
    ClarkGriswoldClarkGriswold Member Posts: 34

We love ours. I picked up a wind screen this weekend for it (insanely simple design I should have made at home, but oh well) that really improved performance even without the wind. The seasoning it comes isn't the greatest. We removed it (using self-clean cycle in oven) and applied 8 coats of a flax seed oil based one that has been extremely durable.

One of our favorite things to do is making funnel cakes in it for those camped around us. It works perfect as a shallow fryer.

2019 T@G 5W Boondock Edge
    2008 M-B G500
    Somewhere in the PNW

"Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun. You know that."