Options

First trip with my 2018 T@G

JuleeffJuleeff Member Posts: 3

Bought a T@G a couple weeks ago off Facebook. Had only been used a handful of times. Took it out camping Solstice weekend with my son. We had a blast. We joked about how minuscule we looked though parked between two giant RVs. ha!

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I really like how minuscule you look. Shows those guys you don't need a monster rig to enjoy the outdoors. If you're like me, you received more looks at your T@G than the other big trailer owners did.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    JuleeffJuleeff Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

HikingMike So true. Had several people by and ask about it. The awesome side benefit is that my son has a social language impairment so by having people come up and ask about out t@g, he has been able to practice is social skills in a low key manner. (:

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

HikinMike...I can totally relate.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    MikeLuckyMikeLucky Member Posts: 19

We just spent 10 days in Malibu with ours and I lost count of how many people commented, or wanted to see the inside of our T@G. My wife started getting mad at me because I stop and indulge anyone that commets or asks about our camper. It's definitely the star of any campground.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@TomD said:

If it looks like the space shuttle, weighs the same as the space shuttle, costs as much and gets the same mileage, Maybe it IS the space shuttle! Tom, did you see any astronauts about?
    You gotta be REALLY secure in your masculinity to park next to that one. Wonder what the pin weight is...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA said:

@TomD said:

If it looks like the space shuttle, weighs the same as the space shuttle, costs as much and gets the same mileage, Maybe it IS the space shuttle! Tom, did you see any astronauts about?
    You gotta be REALLY secure in your masculinity to park next to that one. Wonder what the pin weight is...

WilliamA

Wonder what kind of campground will accept that size rig?

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

I'm guessing there's a few pads big enough in Cape Canaveral?

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

TomD, BooYah! I admire your courage. That is a "Suitable for Framing Picture". His truck is longer than your entire rig. I love it!!

When I had sailboats, I always heard the amount of time your boat spent on the water is inversely related to its size. Im beginning to think the same applies to Trailers.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

I once owned a sailboat. San Francisco. My experience is that it is like standing in a cold shower throwing dollar bills down the drain. Only kidding!!. Some of the most fun ever.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV