Options

T@G homemade Outback edition - Spare tire question

I've been modding my 2016 T@G Max to give it some more off-road credibility. I'm adding the stock boondock tires and noticed they are pretty close to my Jeep Renegade tires. I'd like to use the Renegade spare assuming the bolt pattern works. Looking at the comparisons of the two tire sizes below would this work out? I'd rather not carry the 3rd off-road tire on the trailer as it adds another 50+ lbs.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

What really matter is overall diameter. Since it is a spare, what matter is that it fits on the fender. And there is more to it than bolt circle, like back spacing.

So only real way os to try it. Even if it would be 1 n smaller, beside looks, it woukd not matter much. Cause now that you would only have one spare, you would need to get twice as fast to a repair shop.

So yep, just try the spare from the jeep to see if it works.

Have fun outhere! :)

• Options
    MattMcMattMc Member Posts: 4

Thanks LuckyJ. I did try the spare and it was close but no go on the backspacing. Went with a front tongue mount and now have lots of spare tires to spare. :-)

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Great question and as Luc noted the best way to find out is to try it. This brought back some memories and questions on the above as I never carried a spare on my Silver Shadow teardrop. My spare tire in my Equinox fit the trailer fine and this eliminated the need to carry an additional trailer spare. Back then people were looking for optimum ways to carry spare tires on the frames and one member designed his own cable styled storage device (similar to what nuCamp uses on their trailers today) to allow him to raise the spare up tight against the frame.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400