Options

Yakima Skinny Warrior

Anyone using this? I’m looking at it but wondering if the fan cover will clear it. The rack is 23” wide.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

Comments

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

If it's 23" wide it will clear with no problem. I have a Kuat Mini Skinny and it measures 25" wide and the fan cover clears it with no problem.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@HikinMike said:
    Anyone using this? I’m looking at it but wondering if the fan cover will clear it. The rack is 23” wide.

Do you have an XL or regular T@G? Looks like @Jumper as and XL, witch make the rack bars wider, giving more room. But you could probably install tye rack a bit toward the outside and get away with it for a 5 wide.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Mine is a regular. It will be close. I'll probably end up having to mount it a little outboard as you have suggested.

• Options

Well, I'm still wrapping up the installation. So far I've adjusted the crossbars by moving them a little further apart so they would line up with the rack. Because of the curve of the roof you will need to check for level.

Now I need to decide where I want the basket to be. If I move the port side mounts outboard, I can fully open the vent fan cover. If I put the rack mounts inside the crossbar mounts, the load will be centered more but I will only be able to open the vent fan cover one third of the way.

Decisions, decisions.

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

The gear basket is nice, but it would be nice if you could stand on the fenders to load/unload.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited September 2019

@Jumper said:
    The gear basket is nice, but it would be nice if you could stand on the fenders to load/unload.

Yes it would be, but on the outback/boondock model, unless you are wearing thick boots, you can put you feet on the tire, under the fender. Not perfect, but it doeas work. And for the front, you can stand on one of the aluminium rack shelf.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Finished mounting the rack. I put it inboard so the load centers up better. I’ll deal with not being able to open the fan cover all the way. But now, I’ll need a ladder to get to everything. 😂