Options

Beware Ordering Parts from Beckleys RV in MD

Otis_60Otis_60 Member Posts: 37

My 2017 T@G Outback needed (don't ask) a new fender. I called Beckleys (where I purchased my T@G from) to get the price and they told me they would have to get it from NuCamp. No problem. Can NuCamp just drop ship it straight to me? No, it has to be shipped to us. NuCamp won't ship to individuals. Then you can either pick it up from us (3 hour drive each way) or we will then ship it (all at my cost) to you. I had them ship it.

That was in August. Fast forward to this morning and I'm reading some of the less exciting things on the board. I come across the "go thru your dealer" policy and then read the open letter from the CEO. In particular the part about they will still ship parts directly to individuals that are ordered thru the dealer.

The same open letter also states that one can order from any parts dept. and have the order drop shipped to our homes or wherever we like. I did find a new NuCamp dealer about an hour away from me that opened within the last six months. I'll try them first and if they don't please me...I'll be open for suggestions.

Thanks for enduring my rant.

Thanks,
Greg
2017 Little Guy XL MAX Outback Ed.
1st TV 2015 MB GL450
2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5
3rd TV 1999 Ford F350 7.3l diesel

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited October 2019

I sent a note on to nuCamp about your issue as they do drop ship parts to customers as the policy states. As for Beckleys RV, this is unusual as they have performed well in the past and have had some great customer reviews in the years I have been associated with small teardrop trailers, so I can’t answer why this occurred or why the policy wasn’t followed. NuCamp CEO Scott Hubble reaffirmed my comments above and said that he would look into this issue and that their customer service representative would be contacting Beckleys to look into the matter.

In the meantime you may also want to contact Dana at Missouri Teardrop Trailers or John at Gerton Auto Sales as both are well known for their customer service. I would suggest that you contact either of these individuals as they will be able to fulfill your request. Hope that helps and should I receive any additional information I will post it up here.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

Beckleys is a good stand up dealership, hope you get things straightened out.

• Options
    sharpersharper Member Posts: 9

I can 'vouch' to the drop ship to your door. My dealer is a 6 hr drive. I needed a small replacement part (don't ask). Got the part number from Nucamp (Whitney), ordered it through the dealer to drop ship to my house. No issues.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada