Options

Mississippi Slim

Just checking in to a teardrop site after a couple of years off the computer. But I have been traveling. I now am on my 3rd set of tires on my Little Guy 5-Wide, 2012 model. Best buy I ever made.
Any old friends on this forum?
I'm looking for a couple of minor parts for the Little Guy, but am having trouble finding them. Any help?
Heading for Death Valley in a week and a half for a week there.
Mississippi Slim
(AKA) Jim Caldwell
Spring Valley, California
(73 years young and still on the road whenever I can)
Just got back from 5000 miles through southern Texas, Big Bend and to Mississippi And back.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Hi Jim,

Good to know you are still around and have your trailer. I sold the Silver Shadow, bought a T@B 320 and now have a 400. Linda and I bought a place out in New Mexico and will spend our winters out there.

So you finally retired? What parts are you looking for? Gregorio sold his LG sport and bought a larger trailer too.

Good to hear from you and safe travels!

Mike

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    MississippiSlimMississippiSlim Member Posts: 16

Great to hear from you, Mike. Yes, I'm finally fully retired as of August of last year. At 72, I decided it was time. I still have the Little Guy 5-Wide and am on my 3rd set of tires. Drove up highway 1 here to Moro Bay and back. Then the 5000 miles 4 weeks through southern Texas to Big Bend National Park Lots of other places. Was planning to go further, but (dammit) I brought the wrong bottle of one of my medicines and have to cut the trip short and come home. Lots of stories and pictures, but will post here if anyone might be interested.
    I did swim in the Rio Grande River and waded across becoming an "illegal alien" going the other way. No one was there and as I've done at other travels, if you're there, you may as well go ahead and do it!!

• Options

The parts I need (not critical) are:
    1. The small L-shaped bracket under the stove burner units that holds the top of the stove in place.
    2. The trim on the outside of the 5-wide from front to back on each side of the top of the teardrop. The current ones are still okay but are slowly discoloring to a light brown color.
    The Little Guy dealer salesman here wasn't very helpful. (Not the salesperson I bought from years ago). He told me I might try eBay!!
    I realize the 5-wide (mine is a 2012 model) isn't made anymore and any parts may be very hard to find.
    I'm not looking to trade my little guy to another model. It's just right for me. Still no partner to camp with sadly and now being retired and on a fixed income, it's just not in the budget. I'm not rich, but I am happy and have my house and I'm still able to travel. Will do as long as I can.
    Next trip is in a week or so. Heading to Death Valley for a week's camping/hiking an biking.
    Safe travels, my friend.
    Mississippi Slim

• Options

My latest trophy map. As you can see, I was limited to two week trips until I retired. Now I can start filling in some of the blank areas.
    Each pin is a place I've camped with the trailer. Most places were also great for hiking. One of my favorites is Bryce Canyon in Utah where I did hike the 6.3 miles in the "HooDoos"!!
    Slim

• Options

Mike, is it okay for me to post trips and pictures here? I don't have a T@B or T@G. I'm not sure if the LIttle Guys have a forum still.
    Mississippi Slim

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@MississippiSlim said:
    Mike, is it okay for me to post trips and pictures here? I don't have a T@B or T@G. I'm not sure if the LIttle Guys have a forum still.
    Mississippi Slim

Welcome back from your trip, it sounds awesome!

Post away ! the LG's are just the older brother to the T@G's.
    My 2017 T@G has the littleguy sticker on it from when the two companies were one.

Even though its an older model give NuCamp a call, they may have the parts you need.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

The Little Guy Forum still lives...https://littleguy.vanillacommunities.com/

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Post on. Tgis is tye T@G ans small teardrop forum. Not just the T@G forum! :)