Options

2010 Little Guy

Thanks for add, I am looking at buying a 2010 5 wide little guy teardrop, my 1st camper. No leaks, underneath looks great, tires are 10 years old, what else should I look for? How can I determine market value? Owner asking 3300.00 I am really excited about joining the teardrop world. I just not familiar with campers. Feel free to provide comments. Thanks Billy

Comments

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Tires first. =)

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Agree, 10 year old tires won’t go far, nor can you trust them. Look at the galley or along the walls as some of these earlier models were built without the ends if the walls sealed during the build process. Check under the trailer and look at the frame too. Inspect the cabin interior and look for any discoloration. Look beneath the mattress too for any signs of moisture, mold, dampness near the door areas under and along the mattress as the windows can leak. I’d probably offer them less $$$ too as right out of the gate you should get new tires. Check the battery too, see if the interior and galley lights work. Look the frame over good to for rust or any stress cracks. Look at the rear galley cabinets and make sure the cupboards haven’t dropped as they have been known to sag from bouncing while in tow. Check the roof vent area for any signs of leaks and water damage.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    CampbsterCampbster Member Posts: 2

Lot to look at, thanks. Bottom of trailer is spotless, I don’t see any sign of previous moisture issues. The galley walls appear to be very sturdy, I pushed on them some. Going to check A/C and lights this weekend. New tires are 65.00 a piece, with a tire shop 4 miles down the road. We negotiated teardrop down to 3,000 if interior lights and AC work. Light rust on bottom of axle.

Thanks for your input.

Billy

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

What type of LG camper? Might find more comparable prices on the LG forum.

https://golittleguy.com/forum/

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 637

I think the $3,000 price sounds good. I noted a 2010 for sale at the following location. I did not check on the price.
    - http://sutton.rvusaclassifieds.com/vs...
    For Sale in Eugene, OR 97402
    George M Sutton RV (541) 702-1837 ext 101