Options

Trailer Cover_T@B vs T@G

Received my new trailer cover that I purchased for my T@G from Amazon. (Classic Accessories Model 2 PermaPro 8'-10' long x 5' wide -$90.69)

• The PermaPro vs the PolyPro is about $15-$20 more, but is lighter in weight and includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
    The PermaPro material is ripstop and much like material that a tent may be made out of.
    The cover fits the trailer nicely and can reach (at very max) over the fenders and front box. My guess is that it would not fit the same with the T@G Boondock Edition. It can easily fit over the fenders and not the box, and this is the likely setup for me. If you have a T@G with a roof rack, this should also work, but would just hike the bottom up slightly. I believe it would work ok for the Boondock edition, but would not go over the front box. Just remember to cover the battery cutoff switch. The cover has zipper for the rear hatch and one (passenger side) door. The galley access is fine, but I think it is easier to access the rear by simply slipping up the rear of the cover. This also would reduce the zipper wear. The cover does come with extra fabric that you can custom install to reinforce sharp edge points.

• This cover will replace the T@B cover that I have been using. That cover is more like the PolyPro material and has become extremely thin. I have been duct taping the this cover from the underside, but it is near the complete failure point, thus the new replacement. As for a T@B cover on a T@G, yes it will work ok, but with a lot of extra fabric. It also would cover the entire tongue. I have utilized bungie cord for some of the extra fabric and roll some up and use clamps in the rear.

• At this point I would recommend this new Classic Accessories product. Time will tell as to how it will hold up. The lightness and the small carry bag is a plus.

• T@B cover on T@G trailer

Comments

• Options
    GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 76

What was your longer term experience with the cover? Did it hold up well?

Would the smaller model be adequate for a T@G, excluding the front battery/propane box?

Thanks.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited November 2022

I originally ended up buying the PeraPRO cover from Classic Accessories. (8'-10' Long X 5' Wide) (80-398-151001-RT) 08/28/2019. Up until recently it has done well. The material started getting thin and the zipper (side door) started to have issues. I ordered a new one and then noted that both the old and the new had a lifetime warranty. I contacted Classic Accessories and sent some photos and they promptly sent a new cover out to me. I really appreciate companies such as Classic Accessories who stand behind their product. I highly recommend the Classic Accessory trailer cover. Expect that in three years it will start to show wear. No, the Classic Accessories warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear, fabric fading, mold and/or mildew; damage that occurs from high winds, extreme weather, acts of nature, or pooling water; damage caused by sharp areas or protrusions...
    Once I received the new warranty replacement cover from Classic Accessories, I returned the cover that I purchased via Amazon ($138.13) for a full refund.
    The Classic Accessories cover can just cover my front fiberglass T@G box, but I choose not to. The zippers for the side and back galley hatch makes it easy to gain access to the trailer when the cover is on. The two straps have kept the cover in place even in our Santa Ana winds.
    Bottom line I like my trailer cover and really like that Classic Accessories stands behind their products and correct any noted warranty needs promptly.
    I selected the PrmaPRO cover over the PolyPRO.
    My gut feeling is that either would be a good solution for a trailer cover.

• Options
    hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

We purchased the Classic Accessories model for our 2017 T@G immediately after we purchased the trailer in 2017. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IU4BCTK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) We store our trailer under an open sided shed with the cover mainly being used to protect it from dust, pollen a bit of sun exposure in the winter. It's done a great job for that purpose. I just replaced it this year after almost 6 years as it was starting to show some wear and minor tears. We probably could have used it another year but it was starting to look a bit shabby.

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner