Options

Anybody ever heard of a Kenskill teardrop?

gtogto Member Posts: 25

This fellow in Missouri has an original 1947 Kenskill teardrop for sale. It looks to be aluminum? Anyway kind of interesting to look at the listed pictures but I can’t figure out how to copy them. When I save the post and then try to hold the stylus on a picture nothing happens.
Anyway, just thought the group would find it of interest. How it survived all these years...wow!

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

No, I never saw one before.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I almost bought a 1947 instead of my T@G. Restorers still considered them some of the best built teardrops around. The trailers were produced from 1946 to 1948 before the company started moving away from teardrops and began building larger trailers. The specs I found on the trailer at that time:

• Ken-Skill Kustom Kamper
    • Front mounted propane tank
    • 10x4; total length 12ft
    • White gas stove
    • Water tank
    • 900lbs

Should be a great camper. Check underneath for wood rot and frame rust.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options

I already have a mypod and bringing home another teardrop might mean I’d end up sleeping in it full time in the front yard..ha! But he did only want $3500 so I was tempted. His photos didn’t show the underside but everything else looked really pristine. Thanks for the info. It’s good to know these oldies are still preserved.

• Options

The one I looked at has an asking price of $8,900 and the seller was unwilling to budge.

• Options

Where is the trailer located?

• Options

I found it on a site called Facebook marketplace. It’s apparently located at Lincoln Missouri
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2516810601920981/ This might be the link...I’m not real good at this stuff. If it doesn’t work I can try the “is this still available “ tab and get a phone number. It’s still listed as of a few minutes ago. Has lots of pictures as well. Just let me know

• Options

The link takes you to a “Cheryl Ova” on FB. Says it was listed over a week ago

• Options

$3,500 looks about right for the one on FB. The trailer I was looking at was in original condition. I guess thats why they were asking so much for it. The picture you have above looks original condition too, but it is not the trailer shown on FB.

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

We had been doing the Vintage trailer thing for about twenty years. Just recently bought the T@G. We started out with a 4X8 Teardrop that I put in new chassis and oak interior. I had 8K plus in it and sold for 6K, maybe 15 years ago. We have had 3 standup vintage trailers.
    Kinskill is well known in vintage Teardrop community. The one picture appears to be like new, most likely restored. The propane tank on the front is vintage. Looks cool, but I would not use. If as nice as the one photo, inside and out, it is probably worth the asking price in my opinion.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options

I emailed her and she still has it. She’s a nurse in the area. Will try to get a email address for her if anybody’s interested