Options

Nifty camp tool

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
edited October 2017 in Products & Accessories

Here's a nifty multi-tool I came across at a snowmobile dealership. It seems those guys carry shovels when running sleds in deep powder. Never know when you might get stuck a gazillion miles from the lodge. Sounds like a hoot.....

Anyway, the shovel is aluminum (really light) has an extendable handle, has a pretty good brush saw stowed in the handle and is powdercoated. It also comes apart for those who don't want to strap it on the outside. I just bungee mine to the front rack. I use this guy for campfire maintenance. It's proved to be plenty useful for making a place to start a campfire, cutting wood for one, then putting it out.

I wouldn't want to use it to dig a foxhole in a gravel bank (the handle is pretty short), but then again, I wouldn't want to dig a foxhole in a gravel bank. Even with a long-handled one.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Looks like a nice set of emergency tools. I carry a Fanno tree saw with me that also has a scabbard and it has been a mainstay in my trailers. It looks like this one and really is sharp!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

the top photo looks like avalanche tools

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Eric,
    I think that's the genesis of my shovel. Though they can be found in sled shops down here south of the border, they are designed originally for backpack rescue work in the wilds. They had two models of thus one. The other one has a shovel/ice axe combo. It also could be broken down to backpack size.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.