Options

Wall Paper?

I'm wondering if anyone with wallpaper would chime in and talk about their experience with it. Installation? Issues?

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I've only covered the galley. I used stick on paper measuring 4x4 each (they do come in larger sizes). I prepped the wall first, peel and stick. It was really easy.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

I would guess that peel and stick would be the only thing that would work since its typically vinyl. I don't know that regular wallpaper would stick reliably to the walls, not to mention the high moisture levels I would expect to wreak havoc with edges peeling. Then what if it does stick and you want to remove it, that could be an entire other issue. At least with the peel and stick it comes of clean and easy with a hair dryer.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

One of the questions I had was the ability to remove peel and stick if I don't like it. That's answered now. Thanks! Now to find some that I like.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

The floor tiles are vinyl. The wall tiles are paper.

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

@WilliamA if the hairdryer doesn't work a heat gun will, but much more care must be taken with that for what should be obvious reasons. If it were me I would even go as far as to do a test application to the panel under the sink or by the firdge/cooler, and leave for a few months and try to do a clean removal before committing to the actual inside walls. But that's just me...

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Easily removed as long as it says repositionable...some of the girls on the FB T@g you're it group have done inside their trailers...not just the galley

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    1luvFishing1luvFishing Member Posts: 28

I used peel and stick Smart Tiles in the galley, peel and stick wallpaper inside the camper. Prep is key. Clean all surfaces very well with TSP; rinse and repeat. Wipe down surfaces with 70% or greater isopropyl alcohol. My galley tiles and inside wallpaper have been up for a couple of years with no problems at all.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Such style!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

Sorry...TSP? Not familiar with that one. MAKING messes is more my ballywick....

😎

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Trisodium phosphate.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

Ahhh... The stuff that causes uncontrolled algae blooms. I'll stock up....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

I used Acetone to clean before applying. Rough stuff. Wear gloves, safety glasses and a respirator. You know, just like you do when you go to the grocery store.

• Options
    edited June 2020

I REALLY like that wallpaper. It's not nearly dark or depressing enough for me, but that's a different subject for sharing with my head-shrinker, Steve.

Personally, I'd prefer something by Lovecraft (The Strange High House in the Mist") or H.R. Giger (Nightmare in three parts) but the winter tree theme is up there.

I have been browsing the "Design your own" wallpaper options and have some thoughts.

As the t-shirt says:

"So many voices.

(And some good ideas!)"

My brother got it for me.

He thought it was funny.

But what does he know......

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358
    edited June 2020

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV