Options

Am I the only person selling a T@G?

johnjohn Member Posts: 3

What gives? Am I the only person foolish enough to sell my T@G? (see add in "for sale" section). I am beginning to worry that I am making a major mistake. There are numerous T@Bs for sale on the T@B Forum, only one T@G on the T@G forum. Am I posting on the right site? Hmmmm, I wonder...

John & Michelle & JD(Just Dog), 2016 T@G Max and 2015 T@B Max-S , 2017 Toyota Highlander

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

@john, there is a T@G for sale on the T@B forum, but this forum is still new and still getting its feet under it. It takes a while for the word to get out to tell others to come on over here and help each other.

Most people who have their T@B priced correctly, as the market goes, will sell their T@B within the 3 months we allow the posts to remain.

Keep your chin up and if it is meant to be, it will be.

• Options
    2jgcampers2jgcampers Member Posts: 47

People have mentioned Craigslist, Ebay, RV Trader as places they've purchased from. In fact, we purchased ours from a local CL add. But I've never sold anything on any social platform, so don't know how to do so safely, which would be my major concern i.e., not taking a fake check or money order, robbery, etc. There must be safeguards, I just don't know them.

Twojs&Guinness&OD

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

A lot, if not most police stations have an area for this very thing. A designated spot to safely make social media transactions. Of course this will not prevent a fraudulent check but at least physically you should be safe.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options

I'm not too concerned about the safety of an online transaction, I just find it curious that there are so few T@Gs out there for sale.

John & Michelle & JD(Just Dog), 2016 T@G Max and 2015 T@B Max-S , 2017 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

@john said:
    I'm not too concerned about the safety of an online transaction, I just find it curious that there are so few T@Gs out there for sale.

There are many people that fall in love with the Tear Drop Trailers for many reasons. Sometimes it doesn’t meet their expectations and the trailer ends up in a sale. I wouldn’t worry about why people are selling their trailers. Sometimes it just didn’t work out for them. It’s been my observation that sales are not generally attributed to quality or workmanship. Also..I share others concerns about the sales process. I do not feel comfortable with that as well. No comment on how to make it easier because I don’t know.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
    edited October 2017

My guess as to why so few for sale would simply be, there are not that many out there compared to pop-up trailers or the more conventional travel trailers. It is definitely a smaller market.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    Texas_DaveTexas_Dave Member Posts: 17

We'll sell ours someday if we don't give it to one of the kids. As we get older I'm sure the need for a built in bathroom will prove to be more of a necessity than a luxury. ...but we've got a few years to get to the point.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@john said:

Keep in mind here that the T@G trailers are the best selling trailers and hottest trailers selling in the United States today. Prior to these units being designed and sold, Little Guy's 5-wide trailers were the most popular trailers in the US. Unfortunately their sales numbers dropped dramatically in 2015 and 2016 and the T@G units were the reason as their popularity took hold.

With that said, people love these trailers and when they do decide to sell them it is most likely because they are looking to buy a larger trailer, something that they can either stand up in or that gives them additional space and comfort. I have owned four of these trailers and the manufactures know that it is an evolution of sorts and that people will eventually upgrade to the next size up. There are certainly other factors that come into play here and a persons ability to purchase or finance a more expensive trailer is a big part of it too.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Mike,
    Which 4 models?

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@WilliamA said:
    Mike,
    Which 4 models?

WilliamA

4-wide LG, 5-wide LG, Sivershadow and T@B...... Next up, a T@B 400! Well, one day in the future that is!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

Hi Mike, hows it going. seriously, are you planning to get the t@b400 ?

Eric

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

@ericmooreco said:
    Hi Mike, hows it going. seriously, are you planning to get the t@b400 ?

Eric

Going well Eric and looking forward to some of that warm Arizona air after the holidays! And yes, Linda and I are seriously considering the 400 because she needs the extra room with back issues, etc. They are beautiful trailers and amazing how the extra space helps out. We have a barn so storage will be easy and if I can find one for a reasonable price we are all in!

Are you still camping? I did see that Colorado is getting some snow and in the higher elevations I know they close down their campgrounds early since the water would freeze up.... Good to see you posting over here and appreciate your contributions!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

We have not received much snow in the springs this season. There was a dusting about a week ago. Its been warm so far, like 50 and 60s. The state parks are open year around in Colorado, I will try to camp a few times at various state parks in the off season.

We're going camping over thanksgiving, headed to Kansas City, MO to see my sons hockey team, University of Arkansas, they have game against Kansas, then we head down to Arkansas to visit both my sons.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hello John.

Perso, I do beleive that most of the people that comes here, is because after they purchase a T@G, they heard about the forum and are looking for what others have done, and ideas for the trailer they just bought. So only a minority will come here to look for a used trailer. Word of mouth could informed people that a Trailer is available here, but most already own one.

In my case, I ended up in the T@B forum, cause I wanted to get info about the new trailer I wanted to purchase, not looking for a used one.

Hope you find a buyer for your little beauty.

• Options
    hugheshughes Member Posts: 3

Hi, John! Agree with LuckyJ. We're brand new owners of a T@G looking for info, but on the other hand we anticipate the day when we too will want to sell and/or upgrade. I'm curious to know if you sold your T@G since it's now May 2018. You may not even see my reply. Thank You for a response if you do.

• Options

Yes I did! I sold it on RV Trader last November. I actually delivered it to a lovely woman in Kansas. The trip from Wisconsin was worth it because we also visited an aunt of my wife's would lives near the buyer. Got what I was asking plus delivery expenses. Thanks for asking.