Options

ac condensation line in 2018 T@g XL max

first rip out had some condensation I am guessing, inside the cabinet under the sink. checked all connections nothing in the fresh water loop was leaking. but we had a lot of water inside and on top of the fresh water tank. Tag was very near level if just a hair high at the nose and a hair high on the passenger side. Where is the condensation collection tray and is the tube centered or on one side?? any other help with this is much appreciated
Tabnero for a friend

Comments

• Options
    BrianBrian Member Posts: 26

Were you hooked up to a water supply? I had leakage just like that inside the cabinet under the sink one time when the water supply hose wasn't fully tightened.

Brian & Lisa
    North Georgia
    2017 T@G Max XL / 2011 Kia Sorento

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517
    edited November 2017

Post up some photos of the area. I agree with Brian, it's probably a fitting on the pump or a sink fitting, etc. If there is an opening of any kind water will find its way down and into the trailer. I would let the pump run for a bit and see if you get any water droplets and even prime the system and let it remain under pressure to see if you get any water collecting on the FW tank. And try filling the tank after it's emptied to see if it is entering at the hose connected to the fresh water tank on the side of the trailer. It's most likely a loose fitting.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 9

ok, I will recheck all of that. Thankyou
    do you know where the location of the ac drain pan and line is in relation to the position of the AC. is the tube center or on one side? might have to take it apart to have a look

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

@Tabnero said:
    ok, I will recheck all of that. Thankyou
    do you know where the location of the ac drain pan and line is in relation to the position of the AC. is the tube center or on one side? might have to take it apart to have a look

What year us your trailer? If it is an older model the drain will probably be on the right side and toward the front corner. I know that the factory is now building the drain pans with the drain in the center and the sides are sloped toward it.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 9

2018 T@g XL max, she is taking it out this weekend so we might move the AC and have a look

• Options
    PerrytrailsPerrytrails Member Posts: 11

I too had a leak where the water filler tube meets the tank. Tighten the hose clamp and still leaked. Had to take it off and use some silicone to seal it up good.

Looks like they skimped on the sealer at the factory. Easy fix though…biggest concern is over tightening the clamp and breaking the tank neck. Don’t do that!!

• Options
    larry64801larry64801 Member Posts: 12

I had a leak at the water tank fill neck as well. I adjusted the clamp so it did not clamp over the wire that makes up the fill tube.

2018 T@G XL