Outback Boondocker Bolt Pattern

SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

My trailer doesnt have a spare under it so I had considered running hub adapters on the trailer that would allow me to purchase a pair of junkyard Tundra rims and possibly use the TV spare as also a trailer spare.

Is the trailer hub 5 on 5.5 or 5 on 4.5?

Comments

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2020

My T@G Boondock/Outback/whatever has 5X4.5" hubs. I am running 1 1/2" wheel spacers that match inner to outer. That's to say, the bolt pattern is the same, inner and outer. I wouldn't be using wheel spacers except my tires were rubbing on the trailer (both sides!) and kept swiping my fender light wires off.

Make sure to get quality adapters. There's some real junk out there.

I had a full size spare but it was well over the weight I wanted to lug around. I sold it and bought a 12" boat trailer (4.80X12) tire and wheel (5 on 4 1/2") for a spare. It fits great up under the trailer in the stock bracket, barely hangs below the frame and fits ALL of my spare tire/wheel criteria, i.e. it's quite round, black, holds air and has the same bolt pattern.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.