Decent lightweight queen non-memory foam mattress topper? Am I looking for a unicorn?

Any ideas, peeps? The prior owner of my T@G XL Boondock Edge bought a new, 5" mattress - he "burnt out" the originals in his travels, I guess. It is fine, but needs some help. I am buying the Tochta underlayment for moisture that I have in my regular THOW, which adds a wee bit of lightweight buoyancy as well as ventilation, but it isn't gonna be enough\ as evidenced by my shakedown trip two weekends ago.

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

Comments

• rasras Member Posts: 173
    edited June 2022

We added 2" Sleep Innovations foam mattress from Walmart. Bought a queen and cut it in half and shortened it (we have a 5W) with a bread knife. Topper and mattress stuffed into tall twin bed mattress covers then both covered with short queen bottom sheet. Tried toppers under and on top of the stock mattresses and decided on top was better. I'm 5 10 and 220 lbs. My bride 5.6 and 130. My wife thought she was fine with the stock mattress until we added the topper. We sleep with windows in first fixed open position and the fan on low. Have yet to experience moisture build-up. We run the AC long enough to cool the trailer and shut it off. Haven't spent the night in West Texas or the Gulf Coast though.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2022

Thanks! I'll check it out! Just did - it is memory foam. Looking for anything NOT memory foam! ;)

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

• MaryJessMaryJess Member Posts: 12

We ordered custom cut foam from https://www.foambymail.com/

We have a boondock xl and are keeping the 2 mattresses to make it easier to get to the storage under. We have mattress pads and XL twin sheets on the stock, then we have 2" high density foam to go under the stock mattresses. Works great for us.. and we are NOT small people. :)

• drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

Thanks MaryJess!