Options

Norcold NRF-30 Fuse in a 2017 T@G; anyone know where it may be?

Everything's working fine but I thought that I'd stock up on fuses to have along on upcoming trips. The Norcold manual says it has a 10A fuse located within the male power cord plug. However in our T@G, that cord is routed through a hole in the back bulkhead behind the refrigerator compartment. No male plug in sight. If it's hard wired into one of the 12V circuits I'm hoping that it's protected enough by the 15A fuse in the power center. Does anyone know the scoop on these?

Thanks!!!

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

The only mentions of a fuse in my Norcold NRF-30 Manual is checking the cigarette lighter plug. I do not think it has any other external fuses.

• Options
    hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

Yep, that's what I saw in the Norcold manual as well. The hole in the bulkhead that the power cord passes through is too small for a 12V CL Plug, so I suspect that the power cord may have been hard wired to one of the 12V circuits.

Thanks for taking a look from your end.

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 173

A lot of folks including me have upgraded the wiring to that 12V plug to 10 ga and connected it directly to the battery with a fuse. Sounds like the previous owner may have bypassed the 12V plug and wired directly. How many connections do you have to the battery?

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

@ras, thanks for your response. We purchased the trailer new from a dealership so I am assuming the existing Norcold/wiring was factory installed. The only direct battery connections are back to the trailer junction box and to a Zamp external connector The wiring from the Norcold is also identical to a spare Norcold cord with a male 12V plug that I purchased for use away from the trailer.