How do you secure things on the galley counter?

Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Snow has to be going soon so I'm trying to nip out the last things for our first trip in the T@G Boondock XL. With the limited space available for storage, I'm thinking we should utilize the galley counter for various sundries in some type of storage containers.

If you do this, how do you retain them (ie. keep them from sliding around and potentially damaging the inside of the galley door)?

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
Jay

Comments

• SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 132

I usually just use dish towels to cover things and let them slide. Most things are jammed in tightly enough that they don't really move.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

We don’t leave anything hard on the counter. We move all knives and metal unincils to the cabinet. Only Paper towels, dish cloths, etc. The inside of the clamshell is soft and can be punctured or cut easily.

2017 T@G Max

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

@mgreen2 said:
    We don’t leave anything hard on the counter. We move all knives and metal unincils to the cabinet. Only Paper towels, dish cloths, etc. The inside of the clamshell is soft and can be punctured or cut easily.

It definitely is easily punctured. Managed a hole already (pot handle sticking out when I was test fitting something). Need the room for a bin or two of non refrigerated items and other misc kitchen items though.

It’s actually concern for punching through driving the question. In a tiny space it’s just too much wasted space not to use. Would be nice if it had some hooks to mount bungies with but pretty sure it’s not solid wood.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I made a vinyl bag, but we only have dry food in it. The vinyl kind of stick to the coumter top preventig a bit of sliding and it also protect the trailer walls from what is in the bag.

• LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

We only store our roll up camp rug on the counter.

• TravelGalTravelGal Member Posts: 6

I have a basket with low sides that I place items in. I put non-slip fabric under the basket and have not had a problem with the basket moving during travel.

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

use the non slip on the counter...it works wonders...I have 2 smaller Rubbermaid totes, a wooden cutting board, my tea kettle, and on top of that our outdoor rug. on the floor in front of the microwave we have another outdoor rug..

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

New silicone baking sheets help keep things in place on the galley countertop, also help to protect it. Those that have been used for baking can be slippery with residual cooking oils, they don't work as well.

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner