New half of a Boondock T@G owner.

MichaelMichael Member Posts: 45
edited September 2018 in Introductions

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2018 T@G with a weird mix of options. It's not a Boondock but it does have the aluminum platform with a with the non tread plate tank and battery housing. In addition it does have the Yakima roof rack and the factory installed solar. I did my first run with it last week to the Lockn' Festival in south western Virginia. Seemed to shake out fine except I discovered a water leak in the galley hatch. Seems like water is getting at the top of the tag bracket then behind the wood panel. Since its a 2018 the rear tag is on the galley hatch as opposed to underneath on the frame. Anyway it's in the shop and I expect they will replace the wood panel on the backside of the hatch as it is bubbling on the edges from the water intrusion. Once I get her back I have a few mods to do that I've picked up here plus some others that I will post in the mods section.

Hope to learn from and share with everybody here.

Comments

• MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

The one thing I do like about the nuCamp line up is how you can customize it. I've seen XL's with the roof rack but no other boondock features, i've seen the Froli factory installed in a Boondock which is a Sofitel standard feature.

Sucks yours had a water leak issue, hopefully they get everything squared away for you fairly fast!

I'm fairly sure tomorrow I'll be pulling the trigger on a custom order Boondock Edge XL. Might as well do it right the first time! I'm not going to opt for the solar, I figure if I need the power, I'll invest in a good 2000w generator.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

• SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 132

Hope you enjoyed Lockn'! I'll have my T@G down on the farm for The Festy Experience next month. :)

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 109

@SueBHunny said:
    Hope you enjoyed Lockn'! I'll have my T@G down on the farm for The Festy Experience next month. :)

Cool. We'll be there with our T@G, too. Represent!

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

@OutdoorEd said:

@SueBHunny said:

Cool. We'll be there with our T@G, too. Represent!

Look for the red and white T@G with a flagpole flying a Stealie with the PA Flag in the head. That's where the late night Grilled Cheese Incident will happen.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Festy experience? Info?
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

@SueBHunny said:
    Look for the red and white T@G with a flagpole flying a Stealie with the PA Flag in the head. That's where the late night Grilled Cheese Incident will happen.

Sound like Good People. I hope Hurricane Flo doesn't hit the farm hard. Or we'll all be wharf rats in the wake of the flood.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• SuzcrowelSuzcrowel Member Posts: 6

Hi Michael,

We just bought a 2018 t@g and also have a water leak. Not sure where the water is coming in but it is pooling in front of the cabinet that has the water pump in it. Thankfully no water is getting into the cabinet just in front but has peeled off all the finish. Is this the same issue you are having? If so I would be interested in the solution.

Thanks Suzanne

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Sorry for your water problems but welcome to the forum and enjoy your rally!

Provide info for others of the location if you would.

Safe travels!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

@WilliamA said:
    Festy experience? Info?
    WilliamA

https://www.thefesty.com/

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

Big fans of Greensky Bluegrass and Billy Strings.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• MichaelMichael Member Posts: 45

I would love to be able to make it down to festy this year but it's just not in the cards. We could line up all the T@G's in a row πŸ˜€

I am going to make it however to BridgeJam in Fayetteville West Virginia on October 19th and 20th. It'll be my first time at that event.

https://www.thebridgejam.com

edited September 2018

Hi Suzanne,

My water leak is in the galley hatch itself. After a rain storm water is getting into the hatch and sitting in the bottom trim. When opening it drains out of the bottom of the hatch near one of the latches and at the top of the hatch once fully opened. I've never seen it pool in front of the cabinet.

Here's a video of the leak.

https://youtu.be/S5Krdyb9Vik

The dealer thought the water was getting in at the tag bracket but that appears not to be the case. Since there is bubbling on the wood panel nucamp is sending a new panel to them and once it comes in they're going to look at the hatch internally to determine where it's coming from.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing, I believe our leak is in the same place. However, it runs into the floor rather than staying in the channel. So when we open the hatch there is only a few drops coming out where you are having a stream. Ours drains inside onto the kitchen floor. Back to the dealer we go. I plan on showing them your video. Thanks again Suzanne

Suzanne,
    Do you have any what looks like bubbling on the wood paneling? That's a firm indication that there is water getting into the hatch. Mine definitely has the bubbling and you can actually see some of it in my video when looking at the leaking at the top of the panel.

Michael,
    We have some bubbling around the t-lock and that just started with the last rain.

edited September 2018

Suzanne,
    It's funny that you just posted this. Today after yesterday's rains I found water on the galley floor in front of the cabinet just like yours. Haven't seen that prior to now. No water damage on the wood cabinet yet however. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me to tell me that the ordered hatch wood panel is in so that they can take it apart to replace it and find where the water is getting in.

Michael,
    Sorry to hear that this is happening to you as well. My husband tightened the set screw on the t-lock because there was some play in it. Which is where the bubbling is as well. But not 100% sure where the water is getting in. We are calling the dealer again tomorrow as they ordered in the stain to fix where it all came off. If you don’t mind, I am going to tell them you are having the same issue and perhaps they should get in touch with Nucamp. Maybe our T@G’s were on the same assembly line or something. Let me know if you are okay with that.

• Luckgirl913Luckgirl913 Member Posts: 4

We are getting ready to pull the trigger on a T@G Boondock XL. The water issue makes me a little nervous. I’ll keep following this thread for updates, please keep us posted!

• ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I’ve got a 2018 TAG Sofitel that’s been outside in Arizona monsoons and no leaks.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”-β€”
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Geoff_AckerGeoff_Acker Member Posts: 17

Sometimes leaking just happens. Where there's water, there will at some point inevitable be a leak even with the most water tight designs out there. Nucamp builds some of the best quality campers out there. Now if you where about to buy a Jayco or something similar, then you should be nervous.

2019 T@G XL

Hi Michael,
    Wanted to give you an update on our water leak. We had it back to the dealer and they did water testing on it. As I expected the water was leaking in through the t-lock. They took them off silicone them inside and out and blasted her with water. No leaks. We picked her up today and are supposed to get heavy rains tonight. We will see, fingers crossed. Hoping your t@g is fixed and dry!

Suzanne

@Suzcrowel said:
    Hi Michael,
    Wanted to give you an update on our water leak. We had it back to the dealer and they did water testing on it. As I expected the water was leaking in through the t-lock. They took them off silicone them inside and out and blasted her with water. No leaks. We picked her up today and are supposed to get heavy rains tonight. We will see, fingers crossed. Hoping your t@g is fixed and dry!

Suzanne

Hi,

My apmt is later this month on the 25th. Because of the water damage to the hatch inner panel they had to order a replacement one (that inner panel) from the factory.
    I'm thinking more and more my issue is the same as yours, water intrusion at the t-handle latches. The dealer is stating that once they are in there they will be able to better tell where its comming from.

Thanks,

• DebSDebS Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2023

2023 and I have the same issue with my 2017 T@G. It's kept garaged and hasn't been out in rain for awhile until this past weekend. No telling how long this leak has been there?.

The interior latch on my door handle has fallen off numerous times

There was water on the floor, pooled where the cabinet meets the floor too. My dealer is D&H and are in NC. ;-(