Options

Cabinet and galley mods

Comments

• Options
    CampHubCampHub Member Posts: 113

@LuckyJ Yes it did come with the dimmer. "STANDARD KIT: Come with LED strip,a UL Listed power adaptor and a dimmer". I opened up the dimmer and soldered all the wires inside the housing. I did not have a need for the black cords, connectors and 110v power supply. I also bought some pin connectors to make life easier connecting wires to the LED strip. I think I misled everyone, shoot! now were up to $20.

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Nice stuff. Did you find that the stickum on the lights was strong enough that it will not delaminates over time?

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

@TomD time is going to tell on this one, it is 3M adhesive. I did a Isopropyl alcohol cleaning before installing. Plan B is plastic clips with screws, I really hope it doesn't come to that.

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

The 3M red is good stuff. If you have failure of the adhesive on your install, switch to the red. That's what you will see on most exterior auto applications such as bug deflectors, window vents, etc.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
  • Options

Sweet :)

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43

Real world testing of the stove top wind screen proved it to be very effective!! A stiff breeze across and into the galley had very little effect on the flame. After years of dealing with this annoyance, I may have found the solution.
    Thanks for the idea!
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options

@mgreen2 I really like dual use products. Your device exceeds that with 3 uses I can see. Stove cover, cutting board and serving tray. Very well done!

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I love the water tank idea but am nowhere near handy enough to try those cabinetry mods.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    BlueTAGBlueTAG Member Posts: 21

The wind guard around the burners--is that a regular oven pan with the bottom cut out. What size was the pan? Is it a 9x13?

• Options
    edited December 2018

@BlueTAG The shameless knockoff of the award winning @LuckyJ wind guard is made from a 4' piece of 1 1/2"x1/8" aluminum strap fitted to the outside of the wire rack above the burners, the 2 ends are then attached to each other with screws or rivets. No pan cutting required! For a less permanent modification I have seen folks use aluminum foil folded into a hoop and placed around the burners. A must have mod in any windy condition.

WOW just catching up on posts after a slight hiatus. @BlueTAG it looks like @WilliamA has started a cottage industry of making these things. http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/315/burner-goes-out-on-stove/p1

• Options

Camphub - Do you happen to remember the length and width of the stove? My camper is in storage for the winter, so I cannot measure. I thought I would make one of these this winter.

• Options

@BlueTAG our grill over the burners measures 12 7/8" x 6 1/4".

• Options

CampHub
    Thank you. Now I have a winter project

• Options

@BlueTAG said:
    CampHub
    Thank you. Now I have a winter project

Wow, your winters are whay shorter than ours! Lol. This should take about an hour.

Have fun! You will love it. It is so efficient, that you will forget that is was not supposed to be there in the firts place! :)

• Options
    PamPam Member Posts: 16

Does anyone have contact information for David?
    This is beautiful and I would love to purchase one from him if he still makes them!

Thanks,
    Pam

@mgreen2 said:
    David Elliott a T@G owner from Ohio who was at UCamp made these for the swap meet. Serving Tray that fits over the stove for more counter space. Sides are cut out to match the burner controls. Very beautiful woodwork.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

He is on the T@G Facebook group

2017 T@G Max

• Options

Last summer we figured out that if it was a warm day the hatch would expand and you could just pull the back open very easily. Surprised it did not just pop open. I added a washer to the bottom of the catches which fixed it.

The other day the better half asked if I could attach her cosmetic bag/kitchen kit to the wall in the galley. It's great to be able to remove for cleaning and clear so you can see everything easily. I used canvas snaps and the same holes that held the hooks.

Moved the hooks up so those can still be used.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2019

My mom used to come into the kitchen and say: "are you cooking or did the snowplow just hit a steer?"

I also had the thing with the hatch latches barely catching the loops. I ended up putting some small nuts under them to bring the catches up a bit. I also got rid of the utencil hooks because my tools would swing around on them and scratched the crap out of the wall. Probably should have seen that coming but didn't until the damage was done. 😕

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@WilliamA said:
    http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/2064#Comment_2064
    My mom used to come into the kitchen and say: "are you cooking or did the snowplow just hit a steer?"
    I also had the thing with the hatch latches barely catching the loops. I ended up putting some small nuts under them to bring the catches up a bit. I also got rid of the utencil hooks because my tools would swing around on them and scratched the crap out of the wall. Probably should have seen that coming but didn't until the damage was done.
    WilliamA

From the begining, I always saw those hooks as an location use. and store them back for the road.

• Options

LuckyJ,

NOW you tell me!

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@WilliamA said:
    LuckyJ,
    NOW you tell me!
    WilliamA

I could I know that my Jedi master did not know that! I am just a young padawan! ;)

• Options
    larry64801larry64801 Member Posts: 12

CampHub, I like the LED lights in the galley. I'm thinking about running the lights across the back behind the hinge as well. Any thoughts about that idea?

2018 T@G XL

• Options
    edited May 2019

@larry64801 I think @WilliamA added lights behind the hinge. Not sure if he removed all the screws from one side of the hinge to install. I went for what I thought would be enough light to not be dangerous around the stove and grab another beverage out of the cooler without tripping. I am sure adding the led strip behind the hinge can be done without issue. Adhesive led tape in tight quarters was not something I wanted to take on. Let us know how you make out and post photos. Good luck and enjoy!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Nice mods, but beware of the invaders in the night as bugs know what we do in galleys and you'd think you were opening up a beer tap as they love it back there! Enjoy and thanks for sharing! =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

@larry64801 said:
    CampHub, I like the LED lights in the galley. I'm thinking about running the lights across the back behind the hinge as well. Any thoughts about that idea?

I installed a Patriot LED strip across the top of my galley and hooked it up to the power for the water pump. To do all of that, I simply got the stick-on 3M LED strip, stuck it up behind the hatch on the trailer side where it's hidden and ran the wire through a small hole into the "dead-zone" behind the rear wall, then down to the switch for the water pump where I tapped both the hot and ground circuits for power. I put the wireless remote for the RGB LED lights on the shelf in the galley with 3M adhesive strips and ran the sensor for the IR control box out through the power wire hole so the remote can "see" it. It was easy and has been there without incident for a year and a half.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

So the better half and I use a Discada also known as a Skottle or Cowboy Wok for cooking now and then. Everyone likes standing or sitting around watching the show. It's super easy to clean up also. The trouble was no propane connection at the back, hauling an extra propane bottle is not something we like doing. I removed the LP safety valve that btw gets extremely hot, and installed a tee, 2' LP gas hose and a quick disconnect.

• Options

I used 3M trim tape to put it in there. Super easy. Been there for doing in 2 years now with no issues. Turn it on to yellow to prevent attracting bugs..

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Well done! Quick connect at the rear is brilliant.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV