Options

Cabinet and galley mods

13»

Comments

• Options
    CampHubCampHub Member Posts: 113

Update. DO NOT do the previous mod unless your running nothing more then another Coleman stove or something small. The burner we have for the disco needs much more pressure 10psi not a 10" water column (.36psi). I have removed it and will go with a long hose with a Y connector at the bottle. Gotta try, sometimes fail. Try something different. Sorry if I got some folks hopes up with this.

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400
    edited May 2020

Decided I needed a drain rack for the sink. Its strong enough to sit a pot on too. KIBEE RACK-2T-18 from Amazon.

Pulled the silicon ends off, cut the hollow tubes (be careful not to crush them), slip the silicon ends back on. Simple and quick.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I like it!
    For $16.50 that's a great mod. Hopefully will not mar the stainless steel sink.
    And it even rolls up for storage.

• Options

The only thing touching the SS sink are the silicon ends and they are thick; so no mar.

• Options

I finally mounted the backsplash. I got rid of the small spice rack. We werent using it and it really cleaned up the lines.

• Options
    sylvesteriisylvesterii Member Posts: 5

Does anyone have a suggestion for potentially adding a sliding shelf for the cooler in the 2021 t@g XL? We just purchased one, and from what I can see, there really isn't a way to make that happen because of the way the cooler was rotated to be inserted lengthwise, rather than width-wise this year. It goes in deeper into the trailer, and under the rear countertop support. The curve of the outer wall is upwards, so a straight slide out shelf wouldn't work at it's current height.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that. The anti-slip rubber feet work too well, and it is a little difficult to pull-out/push-in when fully loaded up. I appreciate the additional space it created by rotating the cooler, but it makes it a little tough to have lost the sliding shelf.

• Options

I noticed that. Looks like there would be a high probability of dumping the entire cooler on the ground. I would probably pull the entire thing out and put it on a stand. Coleman makes a stand for their coolers. Seems like it should work for the Yeti.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636

I found Southern California Teardrops when we ordered our TaB. They fabricate their own slides. They might be able to help.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    sylvesteriisylvesterii Member Posts: 5

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

• Options
    chuckm4614chuckm4614 Member Posts: 4

@HikinMike - I see that you have/built a windscreen for the burners! Did you just use flat aluminum stock from one of the box stores and shape it?

• Options

chuckm4614, yes I did. Flat stock from Lowes. I used a shovel handle to form the bends. I shaped it to fit inside the grate and into the grove around the burners. Most people go outside of the grate but I chose inside. I didn't use any screws or fasteners. The stock was about 4 inches longer than I needed it to be but I just left the overage. Doesn't bother me and it works nicely.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I agree.
    Using flat stock is such a simple and elegant solution to the problem of wind.
    For less than $2.00, I bought a thin 24” x 1.5” galvanized metal strip from Home Depot, bent it in two places and called it done. It has performed great, does not rust and is lightweight.

• Options
    chuckm4614chuckm4614 Member Posts: 4

Headed to the big box store now!

Thanks!