Froli systems

Does anyone have the Froli system installed using their factory mattress? Feedback? We have the XL, so for that size, it’d be almost $400 for this system—hard to put that kind of money down without trying it first!

Comments

• JayJay Member Posts: 71

We added 2" of memory foam for $100 and that seems to work for us. Had to cut it to size using a bread knife, that worked the best to cut it.

• ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I have the Froli system and it’s ok. I don’t know what it’s like without it. I am tempted to get memory foam topper and dont’ know if i’ll Keep the Froli with it or not.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

The story does not say if you have tried it for a couple of night simply with the oem matress.

After 2 years, we are still only ising the oem matress, no extra foam or any othe aystem, and we sleep very well. I am a side sleeper, and so id my gf and I am also a heavy little boy and I am very confy. But I do not like soft couchy matress. They do hurt my back.

But to each their own, :). Cause be confy, makes all the difference in the world.

• Scotty49Scotty49 Member Posts: 23

We have a Froli system under the stock mattress (no topper) on our 2018 T@G XL Outback. We also use the lumbar and shoulder support “springs” as suggested by Froli. As I have stated before on this forum, our T@G bed is more comfortable than our Tempur-Pedic mattress at home. The only thing that could make it better is to not camp with the dog!

• ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

Froli with stock mattress and 2” lucid memory foam topper feels just like our memory foam regular mattress in the bedroom.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• TravelGalTravelGal Member Posts: 6

I have back issues and never found the T@G factory mattress to be comfortable. I tried many alternatives including buying a new foam mattress and adding a memory foam topper; didn't work. Last year I bought the Froli system. As I camp in the North and Northwest, I frequently had moisture issues under the mattress and thought at the very least the Froli system would solve that issue by providing air flow. It took some trial and error, changing the Froli spring spacing, but I now sleep comfortably and have no back pain when I wake. I am now happy that I bought the Froli system.

• BinderkenBinderken Member Posts: 3

At home i sleep on a sleep number bed, my T@G has the froli system and stock mattress. I love the way the camper sleeps as is.

• SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 132

I was gifted a 3" memory foam topper (when my parents went from RV to park model). Last year I had it on top of my stock mattresses and it was ok. This year I put it underneath my stock mattresses and I like it a lot better.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• ClarkGriswoldClarkGriswold Member Posts: 34

To those of you who have the Froli system, are you side or back sleepers? My wife and I are primarily side sleepers and finding it a real challenge to find something that works.

2019 T@G 5W Boondock Edge
    2008 M-B G500
    Somewhere in the PNW

"Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun. You know that."

• tag816tag816 Member Posts: 16

We got our Froli installed, and to be honest, I’m not very optimistic that it was worth the cost. Will be trying it out this weekend, hopefully I’m wrong.

• BinderkenBinderken Member Posts: 3

Clarkgriswald, I am definitely a side sleeper.

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

We are both side sleepers. We had the Froli system installed at time of purchase and were using that system with the factory mattress and a double flannel sleeping bag on our first trip. FAIL. We both woke up with sore hips.

The next trip, I threw in our two REI self inflating XL sleep pads. So... Froli + Factory Mattress + REI Pads = Success. We slept very well.

I probably don't need the Froli system and will probably take it out. Besides, with that system installed, I cant stack the mattresses and use the other side of the floor to stack equipment on.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

I have a 3” latex mattress on top of the original mattresses. I love it.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Stock mattress with 2" memory foam....hubby has his foam on top...mine is under the stock mattress....2 twin fitted sheets and top sheet...sleep very well.... I'm a side/back sleeper!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• tag816tag816 Member Posts: 16

Just to follow up, we got ours installed and spent a couple of nights in it last weekend. It’s okay, but definitely not worth the price in my opinion. It’s for sure better than nothing, but I’m bummed we will still need to add more foam or something.

• daveandcorlenedaveandcorlene Member Posts: 74

That is a great idea to put the memory foam under the mattress!

2021 TAG XL Boondock
    Toyota Tacoma
    Evergreen State

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

We purchased our 2017 T@G from a young merchant marine officer. Said he had a bad back. The trailer has the stock mattress with memory foam on top. Just as, if not more comfortable than our at home aged sleep number with topper. I am an over-sized old goat, wifey is a little one as is the Maltese noise maker. We are really comfortable. Makes things a bit bulky, and a bit cumbersome to get at under bed storage. She does not like the underbed storage anyway. Most of her goodies fit in the two small cabinets beside the useless TV/AC.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• SpeckmanSpeckman Member Posts: 11

We’ll, we’ve been traveling now for 3 weeks on our Froli bed. It’s been great for us as side sleepers. No hip pain. We have 2.5 months yet to go.

• OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 109

We used a couple different generic memory foam toppers, but weren't satisfied. So, we splurged and bought Tempur-Pedic toppers and it has made all the difference. Luxurious.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• MaryJessMaryJess Member Posts: 12

I thought about the Froli, but didn't want to spend the $$$. We are currently using the stock mattress, with a 2" foam pad under (I am a hot sleeper, so memory foam is a no go for me). I've also added a inflatable camping mattress on occasion, depending on if my hip is acting up. Works great for me. I ordered custom foam pads from Foam Factory (https://www.foambymail.com/).

• MaryJessMaryJess Member Posts: 12

OH and a layer of Den-Dry. :)

• zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 204

I stumbled across a used Froli on a Jeep forum and snagged it. It is worth what I paid for it (less than half retail), but in my opinion, not worth the full asking price. It's a limited improvement.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

My dealer threw in the low end Froli system to close the deal. It is the all grey system. I'm probably going to take it out.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• konjurerkonjurer Member Posts: 5

I suffer from shoulder and hip pain. Not just a little pain but a LOT of pain. The Froli system STAR system + factory mattress + 3 inch memory foam and I have very little pain. Way better than my Sleep Number bed at home. Worth every penny and more... I would gladly pay twice what I paid. Personally, I thought it was a fairly cheap solution. So soft and yet very supportive.

• drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

I use a Tochta underlayment (learned about them for my fill-size RV) for moisture wicking as well as a thin layer of cushion, but just this weekend also installed a 2" foam topper. Game changer. I am a side sleeper, and the mattress alone wasn't cutting it. Can't say enough about Tochta, though, if humidity is an issue for anyone. They make RV mattresses, as well, but I only use the underlayment.

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

• danpdanp Member Posts: 44

Finally had 8 nights in a row on the Froli Star system and give it high marks. Same old man aches and pains listed above and I am completely satisfied. Tried it first with the 5 year old stock matresses and I was concerned it was a bust. Combined it with this mattress. for a great nite's sleep.