New Trailer Cover

I just received my new trailer cover today via Fedex. I got it online and paid $81 bucks for it. Surprised it came so quickly as I ordered it Tuesday from Nashville, Tn. Nice.
A quick unwrap and install to see how it works and I am happy with it. I was really pleased to see that it fits snugly, but is still large enough to cover my front tool box and generator. It has both a zipper door access and a zipper access for the galley. Shock-corded bottom and cross-ties with buckles. Looks like it will work fine at keeping some leaves and maybe a bit of snow off the roof. I still need to mark all of the points I believe are "wear points" with soap, remove it and install some fabric doubler. It came with a goodly sized roll of doubler so I'll just use that.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I just ordered one yesterday. I have been using a two year old cover made for a T@B. Way oversize and has gotten to the point it easily rips. Duct tape underside of the cover has worked for those multiple tears. If you paid $81 with free shipping, that was a good deal. I paid $91.
    I see you went with the PermaPro vs the Polypro, as I did. Hope it works out for you.
    -

• HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019

Looks like you have some stuff on your roof (rack, ARB, ?). Since I installed an 8 foot ARB and a 5' X 2' rack, my original T@G cover will not work. Was thinking about a T@B cover, but no decision yet. Would this work...maybe?

2014 T@G

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I see no reason you would run into problems using T@B cover. I'v used one for a year. I do roll up the extra fabric in rear and clamp the roll. Have no problems in wind (one cord under trailer).

- Would I recommend, not really, but that may be the best bet. When you are shopping, calling the company may assist. Talking with Classic Accessories was helpful for me.

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@HellFish said:
    Looks like you have some stuff on your roof (rack, ARB, ?). Since I installed an 8 foot ARB and a 5' X 2' rack, my original T@G cover will not work. Was thinking about a T@B cover, but no decision yet. Would this work...maybe?

I removed my roof rack basket and crossbars (wind resistance) but have a couple of brackets on the roof rack rails. The sticky-uppy on the front left side is a fliodlight. Nice and smooth with no sharp edges. I'm sure the cover would fit with roof crossbars and basket. It would most likely also clear an awning.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• BobrocksBobrocks Member Posts: 17

I use this cover on our boondock and like it. The crossbars are left on. This makes for a snug fit across the roof. The storage box is not covered.

• HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019

Thanks WilliamA...I purchased this cover (10'X12' by 6' wide) for my 5' wide 2014 T@G with 8 foot ARB awning and a 2' X 4' rack mounted on a Yakima roof rack. It covers the trailer just fine...including the front tub. Covers the sides almost to the ground.

The fabric seems lightweight...like parachute cloth, as compared to the Teradrop Shop canvas-like cover I previously used. For those that have the PermaPro cover, is it really waterproof?

For reference on height of ARB above roof and it's length, below is recent pic (rack barely visible on other side of roof). (It's at Monument Rocks National Natural Monument, KS BTW)(What the photo does not show are the 35-40 mph winds...wow!)

2014 T@G

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Trailer cover follow-up report.

I have been using the cover for a few months now so it's time to follow up. My experience with it is that it isn't worth the money. I got it to try and keep the snow from melting and creating ice that builds up on everything and causing havoc. What happens is the snow on the cover melts, soaks the cover, then freezes to the trailer causing more chaos than it prevents. Now in addition to ice, I have the cover frozen to the trailer too. I solved that by putting a tarp between the cover and trailer, but other than keeping the tarp from blowing off, the cover serves no purpose.

A swing....and a miss.....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Rick67Rick67 Member Posts: 14

And the ghetto blue home depot tarp prevails :o

2017 Tag XL

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

I just ordered the Classic accesories again. Two winters here in the Puget Sound country and it shreded. Neglected to maintain the desicant bags and have mold. Dang, 30 years of trailering and we let this happen. The new cover for the 6 wide is on back order at all sites it appears.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• ZombiecatZombiecat Member Posts: 10

I have the Pahaque heavy canvas cover, purchased through the Teardrop Shop. Expensive, but so far it’s been great and my trailer was well protected. It fully covers the trailer body and the upper 2/3’s of the tongue box.

My only issue is that with the Yakima rack, water/ice will collect where the canvas sags in the center of the roof. I had a 3 inch thick block of ice up there after several consecutive sleet/snow events this year. Next winter I plan to secure a thin sheet of plywood on top of the rack to prevent water pooling and encourage runoff.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."

• William Blake

2021 T@g XL Boondock