Zamp or Renogy

We have a new to us, 2017 T@G Max and want to buy a solar suitcase. Reading many of the other discussions has been helpful in some regards, but I have not seen anyone tackle a head-to-head comparison of Zamp vs Renogy. I know that the T@G has a Zamp outlet, I have read that Zamp's connections are reversed from "most others" but no one has addressed why they chose one over the other. Does the Zamp simply plug into the camper, while the Renogy must be attached to the battery with the alligator clamps, or can you plug it in using the MC4 to SAE Adapter? Do most people make the choice based on simplicity versus economy?
Any help on this topic would be much appreciated. We would like to move forward with this, but feel overwhelmed!

@JamesDow said:
I use Renogy 100 watt Solar Suitcase w/ 20 Amp Voyager Controller. (26 lbs)
I find the key is to have additional Solar Wire Extension (15ft.) to allow movement of the panels to maintain orientation to the sun and out of tree shade, etc.
I also have a Renogy MC4 to SAE Adapter.
The Voyager controller allows for another set of panels if the need arises.
So far, I have not found the need for additional panels.
I secure the suitcase with a 20ft locking cable, which provides some theft deterrence.
Buy directly from Renogy and not Amazon. You can get the same price and maintain the Renogy warranty in the event the product is received damaged in any manner.

Comments