Options

Remove T@G water tank advice

Anyone ever remove a Tag water tank?

I have a 2020 Tag Boondock Lite. Unfortunately a liquid spilled inside the cabin, and it drained below the water tank, and probably into the small inner space behind the air conditioner, between the walls. It's not water, but this greasy kind of liquid that is the byproduct of one of those little chemical dehumidifier cans you can buy at Walmart, for RVs and boats and such. The point is, I'm not really sure it's ever going to dry up, like water would.

I tried to soak it up the best I could, but I couldn't really get into those places very well. I can tell that it's pooled in the low part of the curved floor below the water tank, under the sink. But I think I can't get to it unless I remove the water tank. Or at least undo the various fittings that poke through the floor so I can lift the tank up a few inches under the sink, and get my arm beneath it. From underneath the trailer, I removed the outlet pipes as far as I dared, but the fittings seemed pretty well glued in place. I'm nervous to force anything. Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191
    edited January 2021

If you belong to FB T@g you're it group..search Pat Skaggs..he had to replace his when he mistakenly drilled a hole in it while trying to do an extra fan for his A/C...and I feel your pain....our chemical dehumidifier spilled onto our bedding and happened to fry hubby's laptop...it destroyed his hard drive...saved the bedding though...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Well, I have never remove the tank, but I got a pretty good acces to it. Tging I do not know is how easy it would be to remove.

But in order to do so, you woukd have to remove the bed plank, and boards under your feet. Might have to remove some of tge under bed framing as well. What I assume is that the water tank is installe just befor building tge cabinet. But it must be doable.

Take you time, be patient. If it was built, then it can be taken a part and rebuilt. 😎