Options

Organization for the interior...suggestions needed

I haven't seen much about this, so I figured I'd start a thread. We are going to be living out of our Tag for the next year, and I noticed it can get a bit crowded on the small headboard shelf, what with keys for the tow vehicle, keys for the camper, cell phones and charging cables, wallets, and other pocket size items. Has anyone found some kind of hanging solution or box-like solution where all these things can fit and free up needed space so it doesn't look so cluttered? We use our cup holders for thermoses of water (helps taking meds at night and in the morning), so those are occupied. Was wondering if anyone has some kind of storage solution for these small items that would help us keep things neat and stress free? We have one adhesive clip for our keys, but I found these suck when it gets hot in the camper, and the adhesive gives out pretty quickly. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Here are two items (Small 3M plastic wall boxes), I have found very useful.
    The three pack I hang on the front side wall, by my 2018 fire extinguisher in front of the doors. Holds TV, Radio remote and my BlueRay remote.
    The single, I have attached between the doors and windows.
    It works well for trailer and TV keys - Charging cables, etc.
    My 3M attachments have lasted at least three years. Only fails on my shelf holders for my blue-ray. The dirt roads really does them in over time.
    I also have a double pack, but have not decided where to mount.
    Maybe one near the the galley area. sink side.
    I highly recommend 3M removable attachments. Mark the walls (pencil) so if they do fall off, you can easily remount what fell off, or new replacement.

• Options
    rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

PERFECT. Thanks James, those are exactly what I think I need.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2021

Here are some photos of the plastic box placement in my trailer. (Same placement on the opposite wall) You will note I place a small white piece of foam behind the remotes. This seems to eliminate any potential for marking the wall and keeps them in place during travel. I no longer need to keep the remotes any place else.
    Also included a photo of my blue-ray shelf held up with 3M Command hooks. The placements allows for shelf removal as well as full access to the converter, etc.
    FYI the blue ray player is one that I use in multiple home applications. This particular Sony (BDP S3700 - Used $36 on eBay) I found especially suited because the wall socket (brick) converts 120 volts AC down to 12 volts DC. I just cut the wire, removed the brick and added a cigarette lighter power socket plug connector. Plugs right into the 12 volt wall socket. Very low power consumption, but the main purpose is for the front USB video input. I plug in a hard drive which has over 250 movies, 101 concerts and variety of home produced videos.
    Having some entertainment for off grid camping can be useful.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe