Options

2021 NuCamp Tag XL Boondock A/C not working

First I'd like to apologize if this answer has already been provided in another thread as I fully admit my search was cursory. I went to use the A/C on our camper this weekend with shore power and it wouldn't turn on. The fan switch that you have to have going when using the A/C was working, as well as the microwave, heater, and all lighting etc., and the fuses seemed to be fine. I turned breakers on and off as well. Is there a switch or something I am missing here that would stop it from coming on? I figure I'd come here first before pulling the unit. I know we haven't used it before this, but I do believe we at least turned it on for a second when we purchased it, but that transaction was such a drag that I'm not completely sure we did.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Kinderhook Lake - NY
2021 T@G XL Boondock

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635
    edited June 2022

Not sure if it is hardwired or not, but, if not, is it possible it came unplugged? Is it on a circuit with a GFCI that needs resetting?

When you get it running, here is some good advice.
    https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/1315/before-starting-up-a-c

Member JamesDow is the forum electric guru. Here is a thread that may prove helpful. The owner found that there was a loose connection behind the WFCO converter box causing an arc/melting, etc.

https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/8638#Comment_8638

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited June 2022

I would suggest pressing the cabinet latch to open the cabinet above the AC. You should find a 120 volt receptical which the AC is plugged into. The plug should be large because it contains a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). You should see two buttons (Test & Reset). While plugged into shore power press the test followed by the reset. Now try your AC to see if it works.

If not, unplug the AC plug from the 120 volt receptical and plug something (anything) into the receptical to make sure it has power. If no power check your other recepticals to see if they have power. You can repeat turning off and resetting each T@G breakers housed in the converter box again.

Best of luck.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Also, the on/off switch for the AC is on the unit itself. The fan switch you mentioned is just to exhaust hot air.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    bowmanbowman Member Posts: 8

@JamesDow said:
    I would suggest pressing the cabinet latch to open the cabinet above the AC. You should find a 120 volt receptical which the AC is plugged into. The plug should be large because it contains a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). You should see two buttons (Test & Reset). While plugged into shore power press the test followed by the reset. Now try your AC to see if it works.
    If not, unplug the AC plug from the 120 volt receptical and plug something (anything) into the receptical to make sure it has power. If no power check your other recepticals to see if they have power. You can repeat turning off and resetting each T@G breakers housed in the converter box again.
    Best of luck.

We were away this weekend without the camper, so I'm going to check out your suggestions when I get home!

Kinderhook Lake - NY
    2021 T@G XL Boondock

• Options

@HikinMike said:
    Also, the on/off switch for the AC is on the unit itself. The fan switch you mentioned is just to exhaust hot air.

Yup, definitely turned everything on the AC itself on, but to no avail. Going to check out JamesDow's suggestions tonight if the rain stops.

Kinderhook Lake - NY
    2021 T@G XL Boondock

• Options

@JamesDow - I'm such a goober. The outlet was tripped. Thanks so much for your help!

Kinderhook Lake - NY
    2021 T@G XL Boondock