2014 T@G Air Conditioner and Condensation/Dehumidification

2»

Comments

• riderintheskyriderinthesky Member Posts: 1

Lots of good information here. I have to say the support folks were not helpful.
    I tried these solutions with some success. I was experiencing humidity up to 90 and damp cool at night if I set the AC low. Not comfortable.

My final solution was inspired by my airline flying. The AC in a jet is cool, dry air trimmed with hot air.

I put a small heater inside under the Tag’s AC, set the unit to cool at 6, then adjusted the heater to achieve the desired temperature. This keeps the AC running. As a result I could get the temperature (with some fiddling, the heater thermostat is not exact) and humidity to stabilize at 72* and humidity varied varied between 45 and 55. Hot, very humid day and night in Tennessee. Two full days of consistent performance.

My next step is to find a better place for the heater than sittIng on the bed. Some loss of economy of electricity usage, but I’ll pay the price.

• daveandcorlenedaveandcorlene Member Posts: 74

Ingenious!

2021 TAG XL Boondock
    Toyota Tacoma
    Evergreen State

• FroggerFrogger Member Posts: 156

Good to know, thanks for the tip; no help from 'em here either, was told to crack windows etc, then maybe try the fantastic fan on low & buy a dehumidifier, not what I wanted to hear, pretty much good luck...