Since new, my [email protected] has cooled but the air inside the cabin was damp (air felt cold and clammy) and there was no drainage from drip pan. Much discussion with other folks on the owners' forum...at the time the lack of condensate draining out the hose was a common mystery.
Recently, after three days camping in 95 to 97 degree heat with 80 % plus humidity and NOT ONE DROP of water draining out of the drain hose, I'd had enough. I pulled the AC out. Turns out that the AC was causing condensation (OF COURSE IT WAS!) which then filled the plastic bottom panel of the AC unit. To drain out of the AC bottom (and into the [email protected]'s metal drip pan) the water had to rise to a level above a lip on the one factory drain hole on the bottom left of the AC (as you look at it). It never did. As a result, the water got high enough that the bottom of the fan in the AC unit was actually splashing in water. Some of this water evaporated and made the cool air flowing into the [email protected] damp.
So, I VERY CAREFULLY drilled a couple of 1/2 inch diameter holes in the bottom of the AC's plastic pan on the right side of the bottom and used a hook blade exacto to remove the lip the drill bit made on the top side of the new drain hole (no impedement to drainage). Of course I had to make sure the new drain holes were over the [email protected]'s metal drip pan. Now the condensation runs right out of the AC unit and into the [email protected]'s metal drip pan and out the drain hose.
I ran the system for 5 hours with the AC temp selector set on "6", the fan on high cool, all windows closed, aux fans running (you know, that little brown switch under the stereo), trailer just slightly higher in front. In the shade (my garage) with the outside air temp at 92 degrees and the relative humidity at 76% the temp inside the [email protected] was 70 degrees and the RH was 58%. Before my "mod" the AC was actually increasing the humidity inside the [email protected] Over the course of the five hours I ran the AC I measured 1 cup of water draining out the drain hose per hour.
So...it only took me three years to fix this problem...but I did it. Take that, AC!
Maybe you are dealing with the same issue...this info might help.
2014 [email protected]