Options

New Exhaust fan for the A/C

I replaced the fan on the right with the fan on the left.
This should help some.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Let me know if its quieter

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Seems about the same, maybe a slight more vibration.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

One of my electricians came to me years ago, and said' It has more than 2 wires, I can't figure it out". Was worth a smile, if not a good laugh.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options
    stevemilligan42stevemilligan42 Member Posts: 27

Why not replace with a larger fan that moves more air? I haven't measured yet but this is what I'm considering.

• Options

And I measured. That's about the largest fan that will fit.

• Options

I replaced the stock, 90mm fan with a high RPM, High CFM 120mm fan. It made a big difference. Temps outside were in the 90s. Coolest the TAG was getting was 75.

I tested yesterday and it now gets down to 64.

Huge difference.

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 206

I have been wondering about this situation and have a thought: Wouldn't it be better to duct the flow from the cowbells rather than just have them pull air into the big chamber? The speed of the air flow would be greater through a smaller "duct". And then similarly ducting the exhaust flow....couldn't that allow for the space needed to be reduced (additional cabinet depth) and arguably improve the air flow to the unit? I am NOT an engineer, and it's been awhile since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so I'm not an expert in the field, just wondering.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2021

Interesting.

Anyone measure the temperature of the air inside the box whilst the AC is running at say 95 degree outside temp? I bet its hot regardless but since heat rises no doubt the air intake should be down low and exhaust high.

In this regard on my SE, the bells on both sides should be pushing air out, no fan should be needed on the bottom. This is not the case, not a very well thought out plan by NuCamp to go against nature.

Best case scenario is the bells are literally vents, the only fan needed would be on the bottom bringing air into the box so even if there is failure, the heat still rises and goes out.

An umbrella, tree, or tarp over the trailer during the sunny part of the day makes all the difference.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited July 2021

From past reading, the air flow use to be like that, from bottom to top. But seams that it would draw dirt and dust inside the vent system. Now, if you push air inside, then since the system is not air tight, heat that would normaly be outside of your window frame (if it were mounted in a wall) would remain outside, but since it is inside the trailer, it will disepate inside. So you need something to get rid of it and throw it outside.

As if the system work, on our 2017, before I made a cover for the vent switch, I would turn it off with my foot. The heat from the wall would wake me up. I would turn it on again, and half an hour later the wall would be cool enough not to bother me.

Is it perfect, heck no. Does it work, yes it does.

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198

I’f I camped in hot weather much I’d look into a unit to sit outside and pump air into the trailer via a hose, less problems and probably works better