Options

LP Tank extension hose

toadzurgtoadzurg Member Posts: 14
edited August 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades

So I am almost done with a tongue box upgrade, yay! The last step is to hook up the LP tank to the camper but I've run into is an issue that maybe someone could help with.

With the new tongue box, the original line is a little short. So I bought a 3/8" extension from Lowe's thinking it should be a simple fix. However, the two ends between the stove and regulator simply refuse to thread on more than a turn. I have not dared apply more torque than hand tightening for fear of cross threading, god forbid. It would be a major pain to run a whole new line to the galley.

Am I doing something stupid like have the wrong size line? Removing it from the regulator was easy and smooth. The new male end of the hose screwed into the regulator just fine. I bought a second hose just to be sure the first one wasn't defective.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-3-8-in-Propane-Hose/50330311?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--sol--google--lia--119--grillaccessories--50330311-_-0&store_code=1967&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMjeZ2roCRw4HgU5MGE0IfCHnAoHtml0XEqE-t7eR27RagSyVVu0lQaAgIeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2018 T@G XL

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Just a guess but is the threading equal? BTW, nice set up on your box.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Nice set-up.

Two things to help you. These are snot the same connectors. Not the same type, so even if you would have tge same treads, the jonctions would leak.

For this, I would suggest that you find a propane distributor, not just a station that sell propane, but a company that supply and repair propane equipment. They will be able to help you.

The female side that you have is meant to be used with a tapper male connector, one that the end would be shape like a cone.

Second, do not know if you knew, did not take the time to read the entire post or you previous post, but in order to store propane in a box, the said box need to be vented, specialt at the bottom (propane havier than air) and the box can not legaly be locked in most state and provinces.

With that said, tgis is your trailer.

Hope you find an answer to your challenge. 😊

• Options
    toadzurgtoadzurg Member Posts: 14

Thanks guys, turns out it needed an adapter to connect the two lines. Ended up dropping by the dealer and they installed it.

I installed two vents in the box (just outside of frame) so all good there!

2018 T@G XL