Options

Suggestions for Vent Cover

Has anyone added a vent cover to the vent on a TAGXL... I am thinking of adding the following.
MAXXAIR 00-933066 Original Vent Cover-White. Has anyone added one? if so how difficult is it to add it?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2021

I did this one on my T@G. Very easy. While vent is not the same as the one you are considering, it looks like it uses the same kind of mounts...no drilling through the roof.

Camco 40421 Aero-Flo Roof Vent Cover (White)

2014 T@G

• Options
    FroggerFrogger Member Posts: 156

I used one, mounted it w/ Airhead suction cups, put it on at the camp site, off before traveling...

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Do you think heavy duty velcro would secure it to the roof?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

I had bought the Camco Aroflo as it's a bit lower profile but with complete hindsight, I think it was a waste of money. While it did its job and did allow me to park in a lower garage door opening (but couldn't get into a different one with my XL), the ultimate solution is changing the fan. A little more expensive but by far a better option to change to a Maxxfan Deluxe. 10x the fan (quite a bit more air movement and I believe more efficient.), lowest profile, no additional vent cover needed , and remote control so you can control the fan without all that sitting up. Not quite the answer you were looking for but it is one of the best mods I've done. Also down side of the Camco cover was you can't open the vent all the way....

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198

@Sharon_is_SAM said:
    Do you think heavy duty velcro would secure it to the roof?

Judging by the velcro I used on my PahaQue side tent portal where I had velcro sewn to the portal and applied around the door…I’d say yes !

• Options
    dpyo4812dpyo4812 Member Posts: 15

@HellFish said:
    I did this one on my T@G. Very easy. While vent is not the same as the one you are considering, it looks like it uses the same kind of mounts...no drilling through the roof.

Which Size did you use?

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

As fourman110 said, there's really no substitute for the Maxxfan. Of all the upgrades/modifications I have done to my trailer, I'd rate the Maxxfan as one of the top three most functional. While the buy-in is steep and painful at $300-ish bucks, it was easy to install and is superior in every way to the stock fan.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    edited October 2021

here's link to the one I got. I got white, black might look cooler...

fits 14" X 14" opening it says, and it fit just fine on my 2014 T@G 5 wide. Glad I did it, as I have no concerns about rain and leaving the vent open. My vent cannot open all the way now (at some point it hits the vent cover), but it opens plenty wide enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006JLU22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2014 T@G

• Options
    dpyo4812dpyo4812 Member Posts: 15

@dpyo4812 said:

@HellFish said:

Which Size did you use?

I still have not put it on. if I do it as it says I would have to take the fan out to attach the L bracket to the frame. I am thinking now off using velcro since I really just want it on when I get to the camp since it would not fit in my garage with it on.

• Options

Your setup might be different, but following the instructions in this video you can see no fan removal is necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0huI-niz4

2014 T@G