Options

Bedding Options on XL Models

I am getting closer to my delivery date of my 2019 Tag Edge XL and have most of the stuff I need to outfit it, but would like to know how everyone is configuring the bed. I will be doing a combination of solo trips and with my wife, so I would guess twin fitted sheets would be the best for the two bed cushions. I would like to hear what everyone is using, sleeping bags vs comforters. Pillows? How many and what type? The pillows are a question because it appears you will need something to assist with sitting up to watch movies or read.
I realize its a pain to post pictures on the site, but if you have any interior shots to show your setup it would be a big help.

Thanks!
Mike G

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

I’ve found it’s easy to email photos to yourself, which does resize the photos. Then put the resized photos in an album titled resized so you can always find them. It’s quicker than the resizing apps I have.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
    edited August 2018

We use sheets and blankets, sleeping bags only if its really cold.
    Pillows are a personal thing on how many what size etc... But for sitting up I have seen people use something like this https://www.amazon.com/Milliard-Reading-Pillow-Shredded-Backrest/dp/B0733ZCSR9/ref=sr_1_5?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1533217763&sr=1-5&keywords=sitting+pillow

Just remember, everything you bring you need to store away someplace when not using.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110
    edited August 2018

We use the reading pillows as above. We keep them in the TV unless it rains at night. We use a fitted sheet and 2 warm weather sleeping bags for their versatility.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358
    edited August 2018

Sheets fitted for bottom & loose for top, pillows, quilt, fully open 20degree sleeping bags as needed. Extra pillows are necessary for reading/TV prop-up along with the comfy familiar home sleeper pillow.Zzzzzzzzz B)

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    AspenAspen Member Posts: 45

I leave the bed set up as a king for just myself and the dog... I like the room to spread out, but I may eventually try converting to a twin at some point. I purchased king sized pillows and use those two together, along with some throw pillows, for propping up to read. Also, Coleman makes a nice cushioned adjustable stadium seat that rolls up into itself and doesn't take up much storage room inside... I have that on hand in case I'm sitting upright on the mattress for a length of time. As far as bedding goes, I just have a mattress egg crate topper with a pad over that.... then sheets and a lightweight quilt/comforter on top but find I am sleeping on top of it all and just using some lightweight throws during the summer... the temps have been fluctuating inside my T@G this summer so much that I'm constantly kicking off or pulling on a blanket. I would attach pics, but just got in from a trip and pulled everything out to clean it last night :(

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

Thanks for all of your input, its a big help!
    Just to verify, twin size fitted sheets will work on the two bed cushions in the XL model?

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@Jumper said:
    Thanks for all of your input, its a big help!
    Just to verify, twin size fitted sheets will work on the two bed cushions in the XL model?

They are a little on the big side but yes.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Some manufacturers make shallow pocket sheets. You'll want those.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options

Thanks, that helps a lot!

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

For inside of the T@G XL, would buying a bedding set work? There was one I was looking at that is an 8pc set for King sized and wasn't sure if it would fit properly or be on the large size? I mean I don't mind if the comforter is a bit big honestly.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

We use king fitted sheet and queen top and bedspread in our XL

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited September 2018

I like my zip together sleeping bags. Makes a nice easy bed and can be zipped apart for separate sleeping. The extra thickness of the bottomof bag makes the thin mattress much more comfy. I also carry a military mummy bag "just in case." I've used the mummy bag for truck stop overnights in sub-freezing weather and wouldn't be without it. When rolled up, it makes a nice backrest for reading. I ditched mytrailer big pillows in favor of smaller ones.
    Everything is user friendly and washable in any commercial washer.
    I found quickly that making a bed in the T@G to be akin to building a ship in a bottle. Not fun, and my 6'5" feet immediately shoot out from under any sheet arrangement, which is sheety and uncomfortable.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    SqueezeboxSqueezebox Member Posts: 5

Hi jumper...more pillows..its never a wrong answer. Twin sheets dont fit. I use a queen flat and buy the sheet holders. Bed bath beyond or even campworld has them. XL is closest to queen. Body heat is fast...so i have 2 heavy throws.

• Options

Thanks everyone for the responses! I ended up buying two fitted twin sheets and used the sheet fitters to tighten them up, it looks and works great. I use two sleeping bags for most trips and a heated blanket when it gets cold out.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

@Jumper ...best way and easiest way to make the bed...love the 2 twin fitted sheets and we use a queen flat over all with a full/queen quilt....if its colder the down duvet gets packed too! We travel from Ontario CA...we never know what to expect...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    TagCarenTagCaren Member Posts: 4

We like soft beds so we had a 4 inch memory foam topper with thick quilted mattress pad, queen sheets, queen/full comforter. 4 regular pillows, euros, and bolsters which set us up to watch videos.