Options

Possible Broken Piece of Water System

Greetings
As I was looking at winterizing my 2016 T@g Max, I’ve now notice that tubing that connects from my tank to a screened attachment on the inside, near the city water and reg water outlets was just laying against the outlet. Ive attached some pics to explain it better. It’s hard to tell if a piece has broken off but it’s not attached anymore. Any ideas on what should be done on how to fix this? I don’t have an outdoor shower and this piece seems to just go to from a little screen down to the tank. Sorry if this is confusing.....Please help. I’m so frustrated....:( Kim

Comments

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

That does look broken. That is the vent/overflow for the white water tank. You can super glue it back or use silicone. There isn’t pressure going through that line really and it likely got caught on something in storage while traveling to pull it at an odd angle.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

It looks like the overfill tube. It lets air out as you fill the tank and then water when tank is full. It does look broken. Suggest you contact NuCamp parts about a replacement. They can probably tell you how to install it.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

I believe you would have to replace the whole water hookup assembly, door and all. The same thing happened to ours, I glued it with plastic epoxy and it worked for a while, probably would have worked permanently until I broke it again during my mod to fix the water pickup issue. I switched the vent and the pickup lines and inserted a section of CPVC pipe straight down into the tank from the fitting on top, now our tank is always "good to the last drop". As far as the broken fitting goes, I drilled out the hole a bit and epoxied in a barbed fitting I had laying around.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Like others have said, about it being broken.

But I would not only use glue to fix it, just cause even just when driving with water tank full, if it brakes again after the glue repair, water would splill inside.

So yes to glue, but only if you can have a tube insert between the pipe and the outlet.

But, this is me and I do not want to play the fear game. :)

Good catch by the way. :)

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Mine broke there too. I just drilled it out and put on a fitting from Fleet Farm.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

Can you help explain the CPVC pipe inside to always be able to to get the last drop out?

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Contact nucamp...Elsie will get you fixed up...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    edited November 2018

Here's a drawing, I'm not an artist. I cut a section of pipe and cemented inside the barbed fitting that screws into the top of the tank. I had to drill out the fitting a bit for the pipe to fit, also had to ream out the the bung hole so the CPVC would fit as well, careful not to damage the threads. I then measured and cut off the CPVC pipe to just reach the bottom of the tank when screwed in. I then used a 1/8 drill and scalloped the end of the pipe for the water to go in. All I had to buy was a 90 degree PEX fitting at Lowe's to attach the intake hose to the pump, the hose wouldn't reach from the stock straight fitting. I vaccuumed flushed as many of the plastic shavings from the tank before I assembled everything but I still got some in the filter for a while, other than that it works great.

• Options
    MichaelMichael Member Posts: 45

@ontheroad said:
    Contact nucamp...Elsie will get you fixed up...

Hi,

Is this response about the broken vent fitting or is it about not being able to get the last 3rd or so of water out of the tank? Does nucamp (Elsie) have a factory supported mod to allow for more complete tank drainage or is my only option one of the mods discussed here which I have no problem in doing but if the factory has a workable one in kit form that would be better I think.

Thanks

• Options

The tank issue has been often discussed in this forum and in the T@G Facebook group, nuCamp is always blamed but I don't remember ever seeing a response from them.

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

I noticed mine had also broken not long after delivery. Probably that way on delivery. Nipple had sheered off at hose connection. Tried a silicon sealer but it did not hold. Called NuCamp concerning another issue and also included this issue and we have a scheduled fix on November 20 along with a mounting of Yakima roof rack. So I will let you folks know how things goe with vent hose issue along with other issue on front trim on front window (holds the screen/blind) which does not fit properly to curve of front of trailer. Mine was a late 2017 build which has the outside shower addition. Hope I do not get snowed out for trip up to Ohio from Kentucky!