Options

Storing outside

This is my first camper and had a few questions.

I've seen how to do the water tank and lines, my unit was winterized before I got it and I never used any of the plumbing and was shown at the dealer how to do it and it was all dried up.

I've cleaned the unit, let it sit in my garage, but I got my license plate now and my cover for it.

I've seen to leave the norcold cracked, not completely sealed. My big question is about the windows. Do I put them into the venting lock position or fully locked?

I do plan on putting damprid inside and periodically checking on it, for now it's going to be sitting behind my building at work so will be super easy to go in and check on it and cycle the damprid.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

This is the winter home for our camper, I have opened the windows to the "vent" position.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

@BBsGarage that's what I was wondering, I got the classic accessories cover. I am going to be putting it outside this weekend. I just need to take the battery out and put it next to my jet ski one in my garage. I have tenders for each battery.

• Options

Ya, I bring the battery in as well and put it on a tender.

Bill

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

Got my cover on, a little baggy due to being for a T@B but it's the only 6 wide they offered in teardrop but I got it nice and secure.

• Options
    Falcon1970Falcon1970 Member Posts: 2

@BBsGarage
    A nice little "garage." Have you any details for us? Manufacturer, model, etc.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@Falcon1970 said:
    @BBsGarage

Its the 10x10 portable shed from harbor freight.
    As you can see the tongue sticks out just a bit. There is just enough room on the sides to open the door and get inside if needed. I didn't have room for the 10x17 which would enclose the entire camper.

Bill

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@BBsGarage said:

@Falcon1970 said:
    @BBsGarage

Its the 10x10 portable shed from harbor freight.
    As you can see the tongue sticks out just a bit. There is just enough room on the sides to open the door and get inside if needed. I didn't have room for the 10x17 which would enclose the entire camper.

Nice indeed.

Do not know where you live, and if it is your first (tempo this is how we call tyem up here) garage, but make sure it is attache to the ground with triple what you tnink is necessary, and that you do not leave the snow on it, specialy wet heavy snow. Try to remove it at every storm. They are very nive, but unfortunatly, we hear of dead people being crush under them every winter aroumd here. But the reason is cause they crash when they started trying to remove snow from them when it was just to much of it.

Other than that, they are great.

• Options

This is the second year using it, it's strapped down to the trailer so it wont be going anywhere unless it rips apart. We dont get that much snow around here and usually giving it a good shake will make most of it slide off, anything left I use a broom to brush it off.

Bill

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited November 2018

You can crack the roof vent a bit to allow the unit to breathe. Just make sure you anchor the handle in place so that high wind conditions don’t buffet the top and raise it.

Or you could do this. =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

@Michigan_Mike said:
    You can crack the roof vent a bit to allow the unit to breathe. Just make sure you anchor the handle in place so that high wind conditions don’t buffet the top and raise it.

>

Not sure that would fit in my driveway, although I would love to have something like that!!!

Bill

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Mike..Is the barn something you bought from PahaQue =)

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV