Propane, Stove. and stove ignition

Wrapping up instalation of new front box.
Filled new small propane tank this evening. Installed new bottle opened and checked for leaks of fittings, before mounting regulater. Do not seem to be getting fuel to rear stove. Also no ignition for the burner. I do not know where the stoves supply valve or ignition supply cut off might be.
Do not really have much in the way of how these trailers are layed out. Hate to start taking things apart.
Thought about tapping the regulater, but have not. That still does not tell me why the peto igniter does not arc.
New battery. Tried with and without. Have power on other systems both on battery or shore power.
Any suggestions?

Gig Harbor Tom
Trl '17 T@G Max
TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

Comments

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Take off the regulator (ie. close off tank and remove valve), then open both burners and let them drain. Turn the burners off again, reconnect the valve to the tank then slowly open the tank. You'll need a lighter to start the burners (I know, it's stupid). Start with the left burner turning it up to the "light" setting then flame on. If it doesn't go right away, I'll sometimes turn it off again then use my lighter to heat the burner (ie. run it around where the flame comes out). If you're in a high altitude area and it's cold, it's harder to start.

One of these days I intend to install a pushbutton starter like you'd find on a grill. Having to use a lighter is silly.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271
    edited January 2020

Sure looked like a pito igniter. Did not smell gas....Wondered if there was a proof switch or something more exotic.
    Thanks Jay, I'll get back at it in the morning

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

• tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

On our 2017 we have to press and hold the knob in in order for gas to flow to light the burner, then let it go a couple of seconds after lit.

• rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43

The little metal probe that appears to be a piezoelectric igniter is actually a thermocouple that prevents gas flow unless it is hot.
    To light a burner turn the knob to the large flame icon and push down. Gas will begin to flow and you can then light it with an igniter of you choice. Butane stick lighters are a typical choice. Continue to hold the knob down for ~10 seconds after the flame starts to heat the thermocouple. Then release the knob and the burner will remain lit.
    After sitting for a while or after a tank change it may take a while for the air to purge out of the gas lines while you hold the knob down. Be patient and you will eventually smell the gas and it will easily light.
    We recently started using an arc lighter and find it the best solution yet.
    Have fun!

https://www.amazon.com/Tacklife-ELY02-Flexible-Windproof-Fireworks/dp/B07D51LVZG/ref=sr_1_91?keywords=arc+lighter&qid=1579269579&sr=8-91

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

@GigHarborTom said:
    Sure looked like a pito igniter. Did not smell gas....Wondered if there was a proof switch or something more exotic.
    Thanks Jay, I'll get back at it in the morning

I'd think you'd be able to hear the gas coming. There's a check valve (wrong term but escapes me at the moment) that will get set if the pressure is too high (like turning the gas on too quickly). Instructions I believe were in the manual (which would be on a flash drive w/ the box of stuff that came with the trailer or possibly on this site (see User Manual/PDF Files/Videos & Resources at the bottom of the Forums list, upper left corner of this page)). By releasing pressure then restarting, it should go away. There's really nothing overly complicated about the fuel system other than dealing with that check valve.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

edited January 2020

Have to admit now, what I thought was an igniter looks like the sensor on most furnaces an such. All makes sense now. After I launch the bride and Starbuck for their morning walk, fix breakfast for them, drink a couple cups, I'll give it another shot.
    Sure appreciate all of you.
    Will report back.
    Thanks
    T

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

Fourman 110 Jay, Tagurit, rfuss,
    Thank you.
    Suggestions that are appreciated. Should of thought of these procedures, after all the years I spent on facilities and utilities systems. 52 yrs and retired 10.
    It only took five minutes once I went through your directions.
    Gas is secured

This calls for a Cigar.
    Regards
    Tom

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

You are right, there is a operational booklet. I skimmed through and thought it was just an installation booklet.
    We bought the trailer, three years old, a month ago, and the literature, TV controller etc. were still all in the original sealed condition.
    I did read recently that the tires are rated for only 130 MPH.
    Thanks

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 631

My tires are only rated for 75 MPH. You must have the NuCamp Autobahn edition.

Knew it was a typo. I wrote it down here. Thought worth a smile, or two maybe.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max