Options

Rear windows lift supports

lipciolipcio Member Posts: 41
edited May 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades

Anyone else is having issues with rear window lift supports? If I want to open window partially, they are either too weak in general to hold the weight or mine are broken. When window i open all the way up, it holds fine. Do I need to buy stronger lifts or just new ones?

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

The window supports are pretty weak for the stargazer window. Some have had problems here but I just open mine all the way or keep it closed. That window is pretty heavy, especially when you factor in the angle of the supports. I might suggest the "all or nothing" approach as it's worked well for me. If you want partial opening, cutting a prop at the desired opening is also easy to do. When I open mine (often!) I unlatch it, then open it from outside the trailer. Makes it easier to manipulate the stays without stripping them.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

Ditto what William says.

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

We keep 24-inch lengths of 11/4-inch PVC in the storage areas under the bed to prop the plywood sides open (they are hinged). We also use them to prop the stargazer open. Have to admit, we've used a roll of paper towels, a deck of cards, and many other things I've grabbed off the top of the headboard in the middle of the night when it was getting a little bit too cold.