Options

CRV pulling TAG XL

I own a 2017 CRV (4 cylinder model). I'm interesting in purchasing a T@G XL but I after speaking with dealers - some say I will not have issue with the XL and towing with the CRV and others think I should go with the non-XL model. My issue is I want the electric brakes, and paying for install on the non-XL version basically equals the price of the XL version.

Any others towing a T@G XL with a Honda CRV? Pics? Issues?

Donald

Comments

• Options
    AustinHealeyAustinHealey Member Posts: 66

Just bought a 2020 Tag Boon dock. These puppies are heavier than they seem, especially with water and LPG. Also there will be wind resistance. You may look for a smaller, shorter, lighter teardrop if you are going to pull it with a CRV.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Welcome to my world.
    I believe, your CRV has a towing capacity of 1,500 and payload of around 1,183.
    I tow my 2018 T@G 5' wide with a 2012 Rav4 4x4 (4cly) rated to tow 1500 lbs. My payload of the Rav4 is around 1071 lbs.
    I have had no problems. I usually drive with my cruise control at around 63-65MPH. Driving in the mountains uphill, the car will drop down a gear and on occasion two gears for a short period. I do have to watch my loading weight. I put very little extra weight in trailer. The basic T@G does not have electric brakes and I have never found that to be an issue.
    If you go with any other T@G besides the 5' basic, I believe you will be pushing the limits of your CRV.