Options

First trip with 2020 Tag 5 wide

engineer101engineer101 Member Posts: 22
edited June 2020 in Camping & Travel

Just got back from 4 days of camping at Salamonie Lake ( Indiana) with my 2 grandsons and their fishing kayaks. Setting up and leveling the Tag was super easy as was setting up the Pahaque 5x7 side tent and kitchen awning. The boys age 14 and 16 years decided they'd sleep in the Pahaque instead of bringing a tent. It looked a little crowded to me but they thought it was great.
The Tag performed flawlessly. The Fantastic fan worked great and with the nightime temps in the low to mid 60's I had to shut it off. I ran the AC for a couple of hours when it was in the 90's and agree that it blows directly on you when laying down. Guess I'll make a deflector.
As far as the Yeti goes it kept everything cold with only 1 bag of ice for 4 days, it just doesn't have enough room for food IMHO, once you put the ice in it. May have to go with the Norcold next year and use the Yeti as a 2nd cooler.
All in all it was a great time and the boys even caught some crappie and a 6 lb. catfish. Overall we had a great time!

Comments

• Options
    FroggerFrogger Member Posts: 156

Outstanding, glad y'all had fun!

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

Nice!! I usually travel with 3 coolers--one for beer, one for food, and one for food overflow and soft drinks. You'll find your groove. :-)

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2020

I'd never be one to pooh-pooh anyone else's thirst quencher, but in miles per gallon, I get great results with Gin. Lighter weight, less space, higher performance. 🤪

But then, I also never drink sodas and avoid straight water whenever possible. Very dangerous.,..

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

Jim Beam works for me. South of the border libations help when hot and you have not run out of ice. Have been caught in the wilderness without any of it after a few days. Then coffee will do. Sometimes a long hike to the settlements.
    TP

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature