Options

Tag Boondock Edge XL Lightbar spotlight not working

ttucker92562ttucker92562 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Battery/Electrical & Solar

Hi,

I bought a brand new Tag Boondock Edge XL in July. We have used it six times and the passenger side exterior spotlight stopped working. I have checked the fuses and all of them are all in working order. The driver's side light works fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can test to see if the light is bad or if the wiring is faulty? We live four hours from the dealer, so I would rather try to solve the problem on my own than filing a warranty claim and having to drive back to them for service. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Im sure you have checked the connection from the light to the lightbar.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    DCN082162DCN082162 Member Posts: 26

I dont know how it attaches but I think you could unmount the lights and switch sides, if the problem switches sides then you know its the light.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited October 2020

I’m guessing you are referring to the “porch light over the door. Those are sealed LED units and most likely you have had a connection come loose behind the light. I would probably look at the light switch area, see if you can remove the switch and check the connections in that area as opposed to removing the light first. That is likely where you will find the issue.

I sent a note on to the factory repair shop asking them for some pointers and advice on this and will report back when I receive a reply from these busy individuals.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Its not the porch light. There are two forward facing spot lights mounted under the forward crossbar. There is a cable leading from the light to the connection to the right of the light (see picture, blurry but you get the point). The connection screws in to that black box.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    ttucker92562ttucker92562 Member Posts: 2

Thank you for all of your replies! HikinMike is correct about which light it is. I took the light box apart and checked the connection and it seems secure. I think I have narrowed it down to either the light itself is bad or the connection inside the trailer to the electrical system is loose. Either way, it looks like a dealer service visit. Hopefully it's under warranty.