Options

Thousand Trails membership

Does anyone have opinions on Thousand Trails memberships? I am considering joining and using in-between my boondocking weeks for laundry, showers and charging back up. I will be doing mostly east and west coast so it aligns for me.

Comments

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271
    edited October 2020

Sorry to say, we had terrible experience with Thousand Trails. Our son and wife arranged reservations on the Oregon Coast at Pacific Beach this last summer. They had just bought their new trailer and were not members. It is a huge RV Park. Must be well over a hundred sites. They did have major upgrades going on. That included no water at many sites. No showers etc. We paid and were told just pick any site that was open. We got there a day early and could not find a site with full hookups for sons new trailer. They have 4 kids one little guy does a number two at least four times a day. The huge park had terrible roads and no way could they maneuver their big trailer on many of the roads. With the T@G and no need for full hookups we found a great site with a view of the ocean. We texted the son and wife to let them know that this would not work out. They showed up the next day and agreed. By the way no cell service but was able to text. We all relocated and lost our fee. They have several membership deals. None of which appealed to us. We tend to explore numerous camping places. Most of the their parks have members with private sites. Some full timers. I doubt that you could call ahead and get a site that would be convenient if you are traveling free style like we do. We make reservations at a couple of our favorite places. We will sometimes stay someplace for three or four days and then take off on a whim across the state. We are from western Washington. Sorry so long winded....

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature