Options

Water hookup and regulator

I have zero experience RVing and, when using a campground, it was always just for setting up tent or sleeping in the van. Now, with a T@G in tow, I'm wondering about water hookup. What is typically the length of hose needed for reach? I'm thinking 25 ft. I'm sure it depends on where you park your trailer. But on average, does a 25 ft hose suffice? I really don't want 50 ft if not needed. Maybe hav (2) 25 ft hoses on hand just in case? Also, any suggestions for a good pressure regulator? I've read the reviews on Camco and quite. few say it's pressure is just too low.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635
    edited December 2020

25 feet is fine. We once required 50 feet at UCamp, but that was an atypical setup. We have used the Valterra pressure regulator for 4 seasons. We have been warned that the plastic regulators do not hold up. At campgrounds with remote spigots you will also want a short section about 4 ft of potable hose for filling jugs. We also attach a filter to this hose.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353
    edited December 2020

Just ordered those 2 items plus an Apex non-kink 25' RV hose. What about an inline filter? Any suggestions?

• Options

Can anyone recommend. good inline water filter? There are lots out there but mixed reviews.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635

We use the Camco TastePure filters. We place it at the spigot to prevent hose contamination.

@csonni - do you know about the CamelCamelCamel extension for Amazon? You can set alerts and it notifies you of price drops. Good for things you don’t need right away. We saved a lot while supplying our TaB before taking delivery.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

@Sharon_is_SAM said:
    We use the Camco TastePure filters. We place it at the spigot to prevent hose contamination.

@csonni - do you know about the CamelCamelCamel extension for Amazon? You can set alerts and it notifies you of price drops. Good for things you don’t need right away. We saved a lot while supplying our TaB before taking delivery.

Thanks for that tip. Installed and set on an item already.