Options

Camping Regulations

2»

Comments

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 206

Good info, thanks!

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2021

@beaky said:
    I bought this thing to get the hell away from campgrounds, I have lots of solar,, would never use a generator. Its a basecamp for climbing and mtn biking

Even if you ought that thing to get away from it all, you still have to take a dump, pee and wash a bit. Si will out in tge middle of no were, you can still leave a trace. So taking care of all that waste, including grey water is something that need to be done in proper maner.

One persone in one location dumping greay water at one location were they are might not be a problem, repete usage of excat same location by poeple doing it iver again and you begin to have isues.

And I am not saying no boundocking. I am just saying that we have to remember that sometimes, when we think we might not leave a trace, well over time, we might be leaving a mark.

Just a tought. 🤔

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

thnx for the lecture, water falling on desert sand sure will screw up the environment

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

No need for that tone beaky...let's keep it polite.

2014 T@G

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@beaky said:
    thnx for the lecture, water falling on desert sand sure will screw up the environment

Every thing relate in how much poeple will use the same spot over time. Tge everest base camp use to be a pristine location. Now it is a dump.

We have many places here that use to be clean and incredible places and that are now been discovered by other and became dumps and then off limits.

It all began with user that did not think thwy were doing anything wrong.

I am a fan of boundocking, I want it to be availabke for ever. I'm just saying that we have to be overly carefull at what we do.

That's it.

Have fun outhere! 😎

• Options
    rich67rich67 Member Posts: 165

If you are booking sites online, make sure the site that you book is listed for small campers/tents. That way you can put up your privacy shelter. The RV specific sites are for self-contained units only.
    As for the poster who is giving people grief for plugging in with a T@g, get over yourself. If you camp in Florida during the summer, an AC is a necessity. Not all of us can camp/choose to camp in optimal climates to where we need nothing other than just a fan.
    Boondocking requires a bit of planning to make sure it's comfortable and not a miserably sweaty or frozen experience. I just picked up a Westinghouse iGen 2200 inverter generator, and it's as quiet as the Honda for half the price. Runs my AC and all the lights without any issue, and it will help charge the battery if it's overcast for a few days when I'm dry camping.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636

Ok, we can agree to disagree here. Everyone chooses to enjoy the outdoors with different amenities. They are neither right or wrong - just different.

As far as the dispersion of gray water, I think a general rule of thumb in an undeveloped area (not a campground) is to be a set distance away from a water source, away from a trail, away from your campsite. Just good camping etiquette. However, if a site is used over and over as in a campground or even in backwood sites, rules are in place to prevent spoiling the area. Everywhere you go, the rules may be a little different.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator